2 Cents on T. O

PlayMaker88

Reaction score
First off let me say that I did not care much for T. O. when he was with the Niners or Eagles. Also let me say that, at the time, all I knew was what I saw on games or newsreports. I did'nt really listen to much about him other than the HEADLINES. Ofcourse now that he is a Cowboy, I read the whole story or as many about him as I come across. So these are just a few observations on what I have seen or read about him now.

1. T. O. in Dallas
NOBODY , including myself, knows how he will fit in Dallas. No matter who tells us otherwise, its all speculation. Most media says he is still the same'ol T.O. because he wrote a book and is all over the media promoting it, and if he had changed, he would not have written the book and just be keeping his mouth shut. Looking at this with the facts, the majority of the book was written long before he signed in Dallas. It was released before training camp started. Have you ever known anyone to release a book and not do interviews to promote it. He said he wanted his side of the story out, that being the reason for the book in the first place. Had anyone heard his side of the story before the book came out? The answer is no. All we had heard since this started in Philly was T. O. doing whatever song and dance apology the Eagles wanted him to, or he thought he had to, to get his job back. Who would not want their side of the the story to come out? Would most of us write a book about it? No, because no one would read it. If we were famous and wanted our side of the story out in a way we could control what was printed and make some money off of it as well. We all would.

2. The Media on T.O.
Does it not seem strange that the only media that seems to write anything positive about him, is the Philly media. The guys who have accually spent some time around the guy. It seems the others just want to pile on. Is it also not strange that 90 % of his former teammates have nothing but good things to say about the guy. Some of these former players and GMs that are now in the media are a joke. Can you imagine what they would say if he refused to give interviews to these guys. He does give interviews, and hes grandstanding. I heard Tim Ryan and Pat Kirwan on Sirius, just blasting the guy, for among other things not being the kind of teammate that could help you get to the Superbowl. What would either of these guys know about how to get to a Superbowl?

3. What do the Cowboys have to loose?
The contract can be over after a year if he screwes up.
Their is no denying his talent as one of the top 5 PLAYERS in the game.
Do you really think Parcells will put up with ANY crap. Think hes mellowed? Ask Todd Haley.
Look I am not saying T.O. is a misunderstood, innocent saint.
I also dont think hes the team wrecker most would have you to believe.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Nobody changes by being forced to change, but one can learn more self-control. TO is TO and thats not going to change. His antics with his team I suspect will not be even a third as bad as they've been in Philly. TO is a wildly outspoken and thrives to be in the media. (ala Donald Trump) So, his outspokenness will not change, although he may only blow on the fire concerning the team rather than pouring gasoline on it as he did with the Eagles. I suspect he will show his unhappiness with the team if it does in-fact make him unhappy, but it will be much more subdued.

Plus, as a Cowboy fan. The last thing I want TO to do is lose that fire that burns inside him. That is the same competitive fire the Irving held.

notherbob

Reaction score
Maybe we'll get lucky this year. Maybe TO will fall in a toilet and drown and if we're really lucky, Jethro will dive in to help him and drown also.

Unfortunately, such an event has a low probability of actually happening, but we can always hope.

Yeah, I know, I'm being ridiculously facetious, but if you can't joke about something, you're taking things way to seriously. I have been a little too serious lately but I'll lighten up when TC gets going good and we get a couple preseason games under our belts. It's going to be a pretty interesting season this year whether TO, Jethro or I make it through it in one piece or not. :rolleyes:

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
CrazyCowboy said:
just get your popcorn ready!

It's ready, 19 bags sitting by the microwave with each game marked on it. :)

Did anyone hear what Drew Bledsoe supposedly had text messaged TO after the mini camps?

The Ticket was saying it was.

"This year is going to be Sick!"
As in, watch out, we're gonna kill 'em.
Gotta love that attitude.