2 Monday Night Games

Route 66

Reaction score
I just noticed that there are two Monday Night games. What gives? Has anyone else noticed this before? I did a search on this forum but came up with nothing.

Dion2288

Reaction score
ESPN's just trying something new. I doubt very few people will watch the 2nd game though...Raiduhs vs da bolts

Route 66

Reaction score
I think this is also being done on Christmas but that makes more sense.

Dion2288

Reaction score
Rowdy said:
I think this is also being done on Christmas but that makes more sense.

Yeah. Big difference between bing at work all day and trying to stay awake vs. getting away from annoying toys and passing the time until you stuff your face.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
Rowdy said:
I just noticed that there are two Monday Night games. What gives? Has anyone else noticed this before? I did a search on this forum but came up with nothing.
I noticed it, but then again, I'll be at the 7:00 Skins/Vikes game so I kind of had to pay attention to the kickoff time. :laugh2:

I have a lot of fantasy guys in the Raiders Chargers game, so I'll probably watch all of that when I get home from the game.

Waffle

Not Just For Breakfast Anymore
Reaction score
If I were paying $1.1 billion per year for that package, I'd expect to get to broadcast a doubleheader or two. ESPN's package is definitely overpriced in comparison to the other network's fees. NBC only pays $600 million and gets Super Bowls and some playoff games. ESPN pays nearly double and gets neither.

Bad business deal by Disney if you ask me.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Waffle said:
If I were paying $1.1 billion per year for that package, I'd expect to get to broadcast a doubleheader or two. ESPN's package is definitely overpriced in comparison to the other network's fees. NBC only pays $600 million and gets Super Bowls and some playoff games. ESPN pays nearly double and gets neither.

They didn't exactly pick the best announcers either.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Dion2288 said:
I doubt very few people will watch the 2nd game though...Raiduhs vs da bolts

Yeah, just the entire state of California. Not a lot of people living there.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
This is so sorry in my eyes. I know I'm used to the tradition and all, but if they are going to strip MNF away from network TV, then atleast wait a couple of year before you start adding more than one game to monday night. Geesh..

Dion2288

Reaction score
abersonc said:
Yeah, just the entire state of California. Not a lot of people living there.

Trust me...I'm from California. My experience from living there is that the general public doesn't care. There's too many other things to catch their attention out there. Think about it, LA lost 2 football teams because of fan attendance. Plus, the Raiders can't even sell out there own stadium.

Only the true fanatics will watch that game.It'll be interesting to see how the ratings come out.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Dion2288 said:
Trust me...I'm from California. My experience from living there is that the general public doesn't care. There's too many other things to catch their attention out there. Think about it, LA lost 2 football teams because of fan attendance. Plus, the Raiders can't even sell out there own stadium.

Only the true fanatics will watch that game.It'll be interesting to see how the ratings come out.

Dude. I live in CA. LA lost one of its teams because fans were too afraid to go to the stadium - a number of people died at Raider games in LA. Plus there was so little stadium parking that folks would end up having to park a mile or so away and 100s of folks got mugged every damn week.

It is the early game that will end up with poor ratings -- it freaking starts at 4PM PST - you know, when people are at work.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
Waffle said:

Nah, i think it was more of, There trying to add there ESPN mystique to it, and start a new.

Notice the mondy night remembers on ESPN. Like Mondey night is over lol.

FLCowboyFan

Hoping to be half the man Tom Landry was.
Reaction score
abersonc said:
Dude. I live in CA. LA lost one of its teams because fans were too afraid to go to the stadium - a number of people died at Raider games in LA. Plus there was so little stadium parking that folks would end up having to park a mile or so away and 100s of folks got mugged every damn week.

It is the early game that will end up with poor ratings -- it freaking starts at 4PM PST - you know, when people are at work.

So they way that I read this is that there will be two games that have poor ratings. the first game starts too early on the west coast and the second game starts too late on the east coast. Maybe I'm wrong but it seems like you will get the same number of people watching the two games over twice the time span.