2 round mock

mullet

Reaction score
I would be very pleased with that draft.......... even though I would like a top WR.

DoomsDayD

Reaction score
Nice mock draft but man i would hate to be in a position to have to choose either rolle or johnson,especially if we are going 3-4

dstew60105

Reaction score
DoomsDayD said:
Nice mock draft but man i would hate to be in a position to have to choose either rolle or johnson,especially if we are going 3-4

If we switch to the 3-4, my guess would be Johnson.

dstew60105

Reaction score
DoomsDayD said:

I'd also say Johnson because we will have Hunter and Thorton back next year. Not that these guys are elite, but the are serviceable and would improve with a better pass rush.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I still don't think the Cowboys take a cornerback that high. But if the draft turns out that way, I would be more than happy.

Rolle, Pollack and Hawthorne.

If each one of those picks plays to his potential, the Cowboys defense would be on par with the best in the league.

nathanlt

Reaction score
I think if Derrick Johnson is there Dallas would probably take him, unless we trade down. I'm curious as to how far Mike Williams will fall.

ghst187

Reaction score
I wouldn't be upset with that draft but as indicated by BP, JJ, and others here..I don't think we use a high pick on a CB again. If the draft goes the way of this mock, which is one of the best ones I've seen so far, I'd prefer to take DJ or MW with our first pick and try to get Spears with our 1b. Its not sexy, but we could solve the OT problem with pick 1b too, Jamaal Brown or Michael Munoz. I wouldn't be surprised if that's what we did. mark Clayton would also look good at that draft position.
Antajj would be great to get in the second round but if we get Ferguson (which signs are pointing towards) in the offseason I think we might look at FS or another LB in the second. We could also still grab a quality CB in round 2.
If we pick up some guys in FA, we will really have some options in the draft. It should be deep at OL, CB, and LB, which are all a need position for us.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
I would be as giddy as a school girl if we get those players..... :D

Though if Derrick Johnson is available and we pass on him, Ill kill someone.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
It would kill me to pass on Justin Tuck for David Pollack.

I've watched Pollack over 10 times, and he's never struck me as anything special. Just a high motor guy who's just talented enough to beat college offensive tackles. He's a Grant Wistrom/Greg Ellis type, not a Javon Kearse/Dwight Freeney type. Justin Tuck could be that type.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
InmanRoshi said:
It would kill me to pass on Justin Tuck for David Pollack.

I've watched Pollack over 10 times, and he's never struck me as anything special. Just a high motor guy who's just talented enough to beat college offensive tackles. He's a Grant Wistrom/Greg Ellis type, not a Javon Kearse/Dwight Freeney type. Justin Tuck could be that type.

Pollack - I agree in our 4-3 scheme he could get overpowered. But as a 3-4 LB he might be sic. He made a few Teddy Bruschi like plays in a game I saw. He's a football player.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
Tedy Bruschi has a totally different bodytype, IMO. He's an inside linebacker. He was an undersized speed rusher in college that no one thought could transition to linebacker. Pollack is 6'4" 270 lbs. Pollack is too lumbering and slow to be a 3-4 OLB pass rusher. He's not going to beat an NFL left tackle around the edge. He's going to be like Grant Wistrom, and engage and hand fight to shed blocks.

diehard2294

America's Team
Reaction score
I just dont see us drafting Rolle, it's tuff to take up a ton of cap space on 2 corners. I to would like to see a WR but FA may get that done. That's if BP and JJ dont plan on being frugall in FA. I dont see Fiason going in round 1 even though I am a Gator fan as well :D

Rush 2112

Reaction score
How enthused does BP sound lately about the CB position in general given the new rules. Rolle is no Deion. Not even close. Honestly, what does he have.......half of Deion's speed and quickness?

I trade out of that first pick. If you force me to take a player I take Spears, Wright, Brooks, or Kiwi.

Spears, Dan Cody in one sets the front seven for 10 years.