2 Year draft plan

rockj7

Reaction score
If we draft right for the next two years we could really be the class of the NFC and maybe the NFL hear me out. In this years draft I say we need to hit on all 6 of our picks

ILB= potential backup and replacement for James

CB= depth potential nickle corner if Scandrick improves Scandrick can take Jenkins spot and Jenkins can take Newmans spot.

Free Safety= do I need to explain

Back Up NT not to replace J Rat but gives us flexibility to move rat to DE on passing downs

Back Up DE I say we dont resign Hatcher but we keep Bowen

Offensive side

LT= depth to back up Free

LG= Koiser needs to be replaced

C = Gurode needs to be replaced

RT= Depth behind Columbo

WR= deepth and future replacement for Crayton Move Miles to number 1 in time move O-Tree to number 2

RB= Sorry but like his hair Barber needs to be cut (Play on words)

As you can see that's 11 picks but we only have 6 picks this year I know I will get some criticism but what do you guys think

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
I don't agree about replacing some players but I agree we need depth esp at C. Gurode doesn't need replacement. We need a #2 WR although he may already be on the team. Hatcher was hurt all year so I don't expect him to go anywhere. I'd love to get a backup Mike. And you're right. It's a two year plan to get all the depth we need and a WR to possibly fill in at #2.

rockj7

Reaction score
jobberone;3262128 said:
I don't agree about replacing some players but I agree we need depth esp at C. Gurode doesn't need replacement. We need a #2 WR although he may already be on the team. Hatcher was hurt all year so I don't expect him to go anywhere. I'd love to get a backup Mike. And you're right. It's a two year plan to get all the depth we need and a WR to possibly fill in at #2.

Jobberone I was reading on this site that NFL insiders considered Gurode highly overrated. I had heard that the thought by the boys was to move him to LG had you heard that before or was that just a rumor

rockj7

Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;3262133 said:
Replacement for Brooking > Replacement for James

I thought J willams was Brookings future replacement

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
I'm assuming Flo is gone then? We need:
OT, C/G, G/C, CB, S, WR/ST-Return Guy, K.

If we can find a Center that can play guard or vice versa we can save a pick..:cunning:

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
rockj7;3262131 said:
Jobberone I was reading on this site that NFL insiders considered Gurode highly overrated. I had heard that the thought by the boys was to move him to LG had you heard that before or was that just a rumor

I don't think he's highly overrated. Maybe a little but he's a mauler in the run and does well in pass protection. He misses too many stunts and delayed blitzes but he's still pretty good.

He's been tried at guard before and he's a much better center than guard.