20 Questions: 6 - Who is the Starting Center Week 1

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
From the article:

Mickey Spagnola said:
This might become the most competitive starting position battle during training camp, coming down to second-year lineman Brock Hoffman and third-round draft choice Connor Beebe.
Spagnola suggests Cooper Beebe has a sibling in camp. :muttley:

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
FWIW....
I suspect it will be Beebe.
He is a monster talent (that crushed future NFLers while in college) and he is young and cheap.
Bass IMO will end up at RG long term to replace Zack as he retires.
Hoffman looks like a good interior back up long term.

Dallas OL to me is not at all an issue going forward.
Yes, LT may be a growing pain position but either Tyler Smith or Tyler Guyton will lock it down long term at a solid or better level.

But I am very concerned about QB as if not Dak we got nothing, WR where if CeeDee leaves we become bottom 5, RB and a few other positions.
I do really like CB, DE, LB (young and improving outside 1 aging vet), Safety, and especially TE.

gtb1943

Reaction score
As regards Beebe, IT will probably come down to how dependable his snaps are; learning to do a shotgun snap automatically could take some time and he will not be playing until he can do that.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/6-who-s-the-starting-center-in-week-1

3 different type of answers on this one.

Between Beebe and Hoffman. One thinking it will be Hoffman. One Beebe, the other thinks Bass could be in the mix with Hoffman for back up C.
Obviously Beebe will send somebody to the bench...OC or OG.

Zack Martin should be worried if Beebe decides he prefers to play RG...

I'm hoping Beebe decides to be a 2-way player and becomes the starting NT as well as starting on the OL.