2006 Cowboys vs. Commanders

wjmd08

Reaction score
What's your opinion on the 2006 Cowboy's season? Do you think they will be playoff material maybe superbowl contenders? What are going to be some of the key factors in the games against the Commanders to help get Dallas the victories? Will Dallas be able to sweep the skins threw the 06 season? Like to hear from you all!:star:

DBoys

Reaction score
wjmd08 said:
What's your opinion on the 2006 Cowboy's season? Do you think they will be playoff material maybe superbowl contenders? What are going to be some of the key factors in the games against the Commanders to help get Dallas the victories? Will Dallas be able to sweep the skins threw the 06 season? Like to hear from you all!:star:

I think the NFCE is going to be scary good even the Eagles. Teams like the Colts are going to come in and get spanked. WAS will be good don't underestimate them.

The most important aspects for the Cowboys are as follows:

Offense = OL nuff said :p:
Defense = FS, LB, CB's staying healthy

Keys to beating WAS
Protecting Drew
CB's shutting down their receivers
LB improving on run defense (Hopefully having Singleton back immediately fixes the problem and gives time for a draft pick to take his spot) 1st game we shut their run down 2nd game was ugly

Doomsday101

Reaction score
wjmd08 said:

I think expectations will be great for the Cowboys heading into the season I know my expectation for Dallas will be to win the NFC East and I'll hold off on our chance to make it to the show at this time. I expect the skins to be a tough team and will be in the running to make the playoffs along with the Giants and the Eagles all in all I see the NFC East once again being a dominate division and the team who can make it through the season without major injuries to key players will have the best chance. As for sweeping the skins I think that will be a big challenge for Dallas.

Gent

Reaction score
I think the Commanders record was helped by having so few injuries.

Dallas and Philly were killed by injuries.

The Giants are solid and Eli will get better. But can Tiki keep it up?

The division may come down to who can weather injuries the best.

-Gent

tyke1doe

Reaction score
If we don't make the playoffs, I would be quite disappointed.

This team was 7-3 with a shaky offensive line (injury to Flozell) and an unreliable foot.

We did this running a Bill Parcells offense - ball control, keep it close.

And we were just in our first year with the 3-4.

Now look at what we have this year:

1. A healthy Flozell Adams
2. A healthy Julius Jones
3. TO as a dangerous weapon
4. possibly a better offensive line (we can't be worse than last year can we?)
5. The game's most accurate kicker - at least in regular season.
6. A more experienced defense, including wiser and hopefully more dangerous Ware, Spears and Canty and possibly Burnett, who was coming along before his injury.

and then there's the draft.

I have always said, even during the "start Henson" debates that I like the way Parcells is building this team. I said then the Cowboys would be prime for a Super Bowl run in 2006 (although I thought Henson would be ready to start).

I still stand by that. The Cowboys are looking good on defense. And with the addition of TO and a competent offensive line - barring injuries - I say we should at the very least be in the playoffs.

I'm predicting an 11-5 season.

littlewebs

Everything I type is a lie. Except that. And that.
Reaction score
21JJ21 said:
we are not SB contenders, not in our division!

All 4 teams in our division have at least an outside shot.

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
our division is like the unmovable object meeting the unstoppable object, hard hits and fun to watch

DragonCowboy

Reaction score
The rest of the offseason could be money for us.

FS - Can be fixed in the offseason with Marcus Coleman as the cheap route. Ty Law and Charles Woodson could be more expensive solutions. I, for one, would take Coleman. I would also draft Pat Watkins in the 3rd.

LB - The best way to get LBers is the draft. Intriguing prospects include Manny Lawson and Bobby Carpenter, who I would pick with my first round. Also, if I'm feeling lucky, I would make a trade down to pick up an extra pick. Carpenter should still be on the board in the case of a trade down.

Cornerbacks staying healthy is just a matter of luck. In the NFL, sometimes ya gotta be lucky.

OL - IMO, the OT position is secure for now. OG worries me, but it is mostly about Kosier. I am also pretty sure that Marco Rivera should be good. Al Johnson isn't THAT debilitating toward the OL. Out of the 5 positions of our OL, 3 of them(Adams, Fabini, and Rivera) don't worry me, while Kosier has a good chance of being just as good as Allen, while Al Johnson just scares me.

For the rest of the offseason, I would get Jerald Sowell and Marcus Coleman, and resign some of our young stars(Roy, Witten, Newman, James)

DRAFT:
1. Manny Lawson OLB
2. Maurice Stovall WR (if any centers or guards are worth the pick, take them)
3. Pat Watkins FS

bigdrulez3141

Reaction score
DragonCowboy said:
The rest of the offseason could be money for us.

FS - Can be fixed in the offseason with Marcus Coleman as the cheap route. Ty Law and Charles Woodson could be more expensive solutions. I, for one, would take Coleman. I would also draft Pat Watkins in the 3rd.

LB - The best way to get LBers is the draft. Intriguing prospects include Manny Lawson and Bobby Carpenter, who I would pick with my first round. Also, if I'm feeling lucky, I would make a trade down to pick up an extra pick. Carpenter should still be on the board in the case of a trade down.

Cornerbacks staying healthy is just a matter of luck. In the NFL, sometimes ya gotta be lucky.

OL - IMO, the OT position is secure for now. OG worries me, but it is mostly about Kosier. I am also pretty sure that Marco Rivera should be good. Al Johnson isn't THAT debilitating toward the OL. Out of the 5 positions of our OL, 3 of them(Adams, Fabini, and Rivera) don't worry me, while Kosier has a good chance of being just as good as Allen, while Al Johnson just scares me.

For the rest of the offseason, I would get Jerald Sowell and Marcus Coleman, and resign some of our young stars(Roy, Witten, Newman, James)

DRAFT:
1. Manny Lawson OLB
2. Maurice Stovall WR (if any centers or guards are worth the pick, take them)
3. Pat Watkins FS

OMG this is the exact thing that I want to happen.:bow:

shnagy

Reaction score
DBoys said:
I think the NFCE is going to be scary good even the Eagles. Teams like the Colts are going to come in and get spanked. WAS will be good don't underestimate them.

The most important aspects for the Cowboys are as follows:

Offense = OL nuff said :p:
Defense = FS, LB, CB's staying healthy

Keys to beating WAS
Protecting Drew
CB's shutting down their receivers
LB improving on run defense (Hopefully having Singleton back immediately fixes the problem and gives time for a draft pick to take his spot) 1st game we shut their run down 2nd game was ugly
And scoring more points. :p: :laugh2:

MONT17

Reaction score
the Skins lats year r the Boys from 03 when they won 10 games... that team caught every break in the schedule after a MNF improable win on the road! unlike the COWBOYS the SKINs tried to improve the next year... I think they will be lucky to duplicate what the Skins did the year before... but they will have a better season thanthe 04 Boys!!!

the Iggs will give the old VETs try as we saw with the 99 BOYs and for some of u old guys the 85 Boys...

the Giants will go as Eli goes... much like the Broncos did with Elway! you beat up ELWAY u beat the Broncos... sam ewith the gmen!!!

the COWBOYS played over their heads at times last year but also failed to show up alot... I think the coaching will lead the BOYS to the promise land or to another 9 win season!

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
MONT17 said:
the COWBOYS played over their heads at times last year but also failed to show up alot... I think the coaching will lead the BOYS to the promise land or to another 9 win season!
??? I can't think of a single game where they overperformed. I can think of several where they underperformed. Other than that, you make some good points.

Reaction score
Besides the obvious division winner, I think one of the wild card teams will come outta the NFC East. Who wins the diviosn and gets the wirld card, I don't know. Here's to a great season.:toast2: