2006 Offensive FA's

Tricky-22

Git R Done
Reaction score
TheSkaven said:
Thanks for posting this. My first impression is... wow, what a lackluster free agent crop. With all the new money introduced into the cap this year, have to think teams are going to throw good money after bad on mediocre free agents.

I don't see many names here that would improve this squad. Looks like it'll have to be through the draft.

I just don't think that we will see much from the Cowboys in FA this season. Nothing compared to last year.

Maybe a few 2nd tier pick ups but I would bet that we don't see anything major.

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
KDWilliams85 said:
In my opinion, Reggie Wayne is better than Marvin Harrison. He may not have his speed but if his production is remotely close to Harrison and him being a #2, I have to believe that he's a legitimate #1 to other teams.
In my opinion...
the above statement leads me to believe that you smoke crack.

BigWillie

Reaction score
Steve Hutchinson....sign me up.

Really though, we wouldn't sign two highly priced guards in back-to-back years, but to get a young and dominant player like him would be LOVELY.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
KDWilliams85 said:
In my opinion, Reggie Wayne is better than Marvin Harrison. .

You are now on 'ignore.'

Derinyar

Reaction score
KDWilliams85 said:
In my opinion, Reggie Wayne is better than Marvin Harrison. He may not have his speed but if his production is remotely close to Harrison and him being a #2, I have to believe that he's a legitimate #1 to other teams.
But its easier to be the #2 who performs with a HOF #1 than it is to be a #1 next to a #2. Peerless Price looked great running next to Eric Moulds(not even a HOF player) and totally tanked when he left. Wayne may or may not be that type of player, but at least recognize that if Harrison doesn't play another down hes a 1st ballot HOF type and possibly the best WR of the last 10 years.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
KDWilliams85 said:

I am a little concerned because remember Peerless Price was great with Moulds and then............?

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
TheSkaven said:
Thanks for posting this. My first impression is... wow, what a lackluster free agent crop. With all the new money introduced into the cap this year, have to think teams are going to throw good money after bad on mediocre free agents.

I don't see many names here that would improve this squad. Looks like it'll have to be through the draft.

i think there are 2-3 OL pick ups we MUST make in FA and NOT rely on the draft. it's painfully obvious our OL needs help and it's more painfully obvious that rookies are a crap shoot (we've drafted 4 and brought in petitti and we're still rock bottom here) so we need to find 2-3 solid "blue colar" OL in the mold of a tuinei to be dependable and do their jobs 'better than average' and not just for a game or two.

then we can see what parcells has "wraught" - but w/o a good line bledsoe is pretty much useless and handicapped by the talent in front of him OF WHICH we have done very poorly on in the parcells years and it MUST turn around THIS YEAR - so a "lackluster" FA period will be doom for bledsoe for another year.

then parcells will leave and we do start over. : )

cobra

Salty *******
Reaction score
kartr said:
I believe that Steve McNair will be a salary cap casualty. He will make our line look much better. He would make a great mentor for Omar Jacobs in 2007.

Finally! He says something nice about a quarterback other than Quincy Carter!

/rereads names closer

Oh.... there is a shocker.

Let's bring in McNair. He can help coach Quincy, Omar Jacobs, Vince Young, and Reggie McNeal. For insurance, we can bring in Charlie Batch, Aaron Brooks, Rohan Davey, and Adrian McPhereson.

Sounds like your dream QB backfield, right kartr?

And you suggest that your dislike of Bledsoe is based on an honest analysis of his ability.

More of the same BS from kartr.

Reaction score
I'm surprised more of you didn't mention Olinemen. We NEED em, badly. Our two OGs are going to be fifty next year, & the OT situation is a mess.
Just a few of the guys I thought might help:

Barrett Brooks, OT, Steelers
Steve Hutchinson, OG-OT, Seahawks
Toni Fonoti, OG, Vikes

Then, we could also grab Drew Brees at QB. He's still in his prime. That way, we get rid of Romo, and keep Henson. That way, no matter what, they would put Drew in at QB...................:laugh1:

WhizKid

Reaction score
QBs
Jon Kitna (Carson had to come in)
Josh McCown( has huge upside, only reason has as many picks as he did, nonexistenent run game)
Sage Rosenfals been real good when hes came in this year

WR
Brandon Lloyd ( this guys the real deal, but look where he's at )
Kevin curtis ( hands, speed)
REggie Wayne (it's reggie)

aznhalf

Reaction score
The problem I have with Lloyd is that he isn't willing to get hit. His highlight reel is impressive but I want a football player on my team, think Hinds Ward mentallity.