News: 2016 NFL Draft revisited: Grades for first-rounders three years in

GMO415

Reaction score
That's fair....I'm thankful Jerry didn't pull the trigger on Lynch

Jipper

Reaction score
Only because he led the league in Carries by a long shot. Only scored 7 rushing TD's and his running efficiency especially on short yardage and GL was way down. What did he have 30 yards in the playoff loss to the rams?

Rushing yards is about 10 years old when judging a RB. There are only about 4 or 5 RB's these days that get the majority of the carries for an NFL team. Not a big deal to win the rushing title in a league where most team are by committee. Its also a passing league now so many of these RB's catch a lot of passes. Total yards from scrimmage and TD's are the big ones for a RB. Are they picking up the 3rd and 4th downs and getting in at the GL.

Uh....guess who the number 1 reciever in terms of receptions was on the cowboys last year with 77....he was a beast last yesr

funkytown

Reaction score
Giants should get an F for Eli Apple. But really outside the top 6-7, that 1st round was horrible.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Uh....guess who the number 1 reciever in terms of receptions was on the cowboys last year with 77....he was a beast last yesr

Do you know what his average yards on the catch? -.5 yards.

7 rushing TD's. That is pathetic. He was so bad at picking up 3rd and short and 4th and short, Dak had to start doing for the team.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Seems fair to me. A little slanted towards the sunny side to keep fan readers happy, but I agree with most of their assessments.

Last edited:

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
LOL at this BS. they still won't grade an F. Eli Apple at 10, F-, it's easy and they still won't go there.

Grade: D- | School: Ohio State

The Giants should probably be given an F for this pick, since Apple failed to live up to his billing and was called " a cancer" by then-teammate Landon Collins late in the 2017 season before being shipped off to New Orleans ahead of the trade deadline last year. However, it's also worth noting that Apple played much better with the Saints and could be in the midst of finding himself as an NFL cornerback. We shall see

They acknowledge this. It's a good article.

JJHLH1

Reaction score
What stands out to me with that list is the huge number of injuries. It seems like every other player has missed significant time. We’ve been blessed in that area with Dak and Zeke up to this point.

Jipper

Reaction score
Do you know what his average yards on the catch? -.5 yards.

7 rushing TD's. That is pathetic. He was so bad at picking up 3rd and short and 4th and short, Dak had to start doing for the team.

incorrect, he had 77 receptions for 567 yards which is over 7 per reception....what else you got because you are again wrong.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Its crazy looking at those picks and those grades from guys you don't get to see every week. People really hyped up that Giants and Bucc's picks.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
incorrect, he had 77 receptions for 567 yards which is over 7 per reception....what else you got because you are again wrong.

LOL...…..no its average yard of where he caught the ball is what I am talking about. He basically on average caught the ball behind the line of scrimmage. So they were all dump offs behind the line. Which shows two things.

1. Garrett and his horrid offense don't know how to use Zeke in the passing game
2. Zeke did little in the passing game but catch dump offs behind the line.

Nothing much to brag about. And certainly the 7 rushing TD's is completely pathetic when you get 390 rushes.

Try to keep up with the conversation. You wont get so confused and angry.

Jipper

Reaction score
LOL...…..no its average yard of where he caught the ball is what I am talking about. He basically on average caught the ball behind the line of scrimmage. So they were all dump offs behind the line. Which shows two things.

1. Garrett and his horrid offense don't know how to use Zeke in the passing game
2. Zeke did little in the passing game but catch dump offs behind the line.

Nothing much to brag about. And certainly the 7 rushing TD's is completely pathetic when you get 390 rushes.

Try to keep up with the conversation. You wont get so confused and angry.

sorry but you continue to try and spin a narrative to devalue the impact of zeke and how well he played last year....not really sure what you are trying to prove....he led the NFL in yards, he led the team in catches, he is one of the top offensive players in the nfl....

but hey, keep trying to spin your story buddy

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
sorry but you continue to try and spin a narrative to devalue the impact of zeke and how well he played last year....not really sure what you are trying to prove....he led the NFL in yards, he led the team in catches, he is one of the top offensive players in the nfl....

but hey, keep trying to spin your story buddy

No, people like you just don't listen. My beef with Zeke is that he a mindless moron/non leader.

I was also not impressed by his season last year. On many many levels it was his worst season. But a guy like you that looks at yards rushing would never understand that.

And yah he is one of the top offensive players in the NFL. He is also one of the biggest idiots in the NFL. But obviously a guy like you cares nothing about how is off the field incidents and attitude affect the team.

I am also not a RB guy anymore. Paying RB's big money and drafting RB's high is NOT a way I would build and team.

And yes, I will continue to spin my views however I like them.

Why would I care if you like that or not? Its a chat room. Its all about different opinions. If you don't like that then don't come on here.