News: 2022 Dorrance Armstrong > 2021 Randy Gregory

erod

Reaction score
The starting 9 defensive linemen are all better than Randy Gregory.

That dolt was a speed bump in the run game, and disappeared most of the time otherwise.

Not re-signing him was a fortunate turn of events.

aikemirv

Reaction score
I hope he is not on some kind of juice because he is a different player with a lot more power.

quickccc

Reaction score
the only thing i'd be worried right now about Randy Gregory is the durability issues.
Now that the suspension issues are behind him, and he's had a chance to be more available, ..he's had issues with that the last couple of years.

Talent wise, there's no question between the two, who is the better.
But is it now the question who is the more reliable, more durable, more available among the two players ?

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I don't think we owe Cap Boy or Jerry any apology at all.

If Cap Boy and Jerry had their way, Randy Gregory would be making $80+ million right here in Dallas, and Armstrong would have been on another team

Gregory saved the Cowboys by choosing to go to Denver

blueblood70

Reaction score
I don't think we owe Cap Boy or Jerry any apology at all.

If Cap Boy and Jerry had their way, Randy Gregory would be making $80+ million right here in Dallas, and Armstrong would have been on another team

Gregory saved the Cowboys by choosing to go to Denver
WRONG clause was put their as insurance, they could have removed it if they wanted him that bad, they HELD and RG gone and they dont care. good try thinking its luck, they knew exactly what they were doing.. Great game of poker..

quickccc

Reaction score
We owe "Cap Boy" and apology. 5 games in, he has 4.0 sacks to Randy's 6.5 sacks he had last year.

Armstrong is blocking kicks too. Super impressive and I hope he keeps it up.

Say it with me: "I. Don't. Miss. Randy. Gregory."

:thumbup:

If anything, you probably owe Randy himself a thank you for Not accepting the incentive laden based deal the Stephen group offered Gregory camp.
Forcing him to sign with another NFL team without the apparent catch clauses.

Stephen did want to re-sign Gregory, but with all the catch 22's. Reportedly Jerry was disappointed that he re-signing did not happen as expected.
The Cowboys went onto Plan B, with the re-signing of Armstrong, ...signing of Fowler, and the drafting of Sam Williams to make up the difference.
Looks like Plan B is working out thus far.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
We owe "Cap Boy" and apology. 5 games in, he has 4.0 sacks to Randy's 6.5 sacks he had last year.

True , but it is not only Armstrong , we have 3- Dorance , Fowler and Sam Williams against 1- Randy Gregory.

So it is a big plus.

(Oops , too late looks like quickccc has beaten me to it , you are quick , LOL )

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No shade to Gregory, but it def looks like Cowboys dodged a bullet in Gregory walking away.

That's the debate that needs to be had vs the QB debate.

Ken

Reaction score

*6 sacks.

Ken

Reaction score
True , but it is not only Armstrong , we have 3- Dorance , Fowler and Sam Williams against 1- Randy Gregory.

So it is a big plus.

(Oops , too late looks like quickccc has beaten me to it , you are quick , LOL )
And all three are healthy and playing...can't say the same about Gregory.