2023 Draft Hits

WhizKid

Reaction score
I don't think identifying draft prospects from this class as busts is good practice, yet. We can start that talk next offseason. But who is ONE player, not picked in the first 2 rounds, that you hit on.

That pick for me was Kobie Turner, DT Wake Forest. (3rd round, LAR)

Dude has been an absolute beast this year.

I saw this blurb from SI:
"The Rams' third-round pick tallied nine sacks and 50 pressures, outperforming every other rookie interior defensive lineman in the process. His 83.2 overall PFF grade was the 11th-highest at the position too."

I thought it was evident with his college tape that he could develop into a dominant interior defender (both as a pass rusher and a run-defender).

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
I wanted Luke Musgrave at 26. He went 42nd but I think he's a difference maker at Tight End and would have been a much better pick than Mazi (Sam LaPorta, who I was not big on, would have been a home run pick).

I wanted Achane at 58. Again, I was higher since he went 84th, but I think everyone here would have been thrilled with him.

Overshown was a good pick at 90 but I liked BYU’s Blake Freeland who went 106th to Colts. He started 16 games.

4th round I would have gone Darius Rush. Fehoko felt like a giant reach.

5th round range I liked Jaelyn Duncan (I wish I would have had any clue how good Puka Nuka was).

6th round I would have gambled on USC's Andrew Voorhess or D3 prospect Jake Witt. I also liked Derek Parish, the Fullback/Linebacker/Edge out of Houston.

A guy who I was super high on and went undrafted was UCLA WR Jake Bobo. a 4.99 40 time killed his draft chances by he caught 19 balls and 2 TDs for the Seahawks this year.

These aren't hindsight picks either. This was all predraft.

cnuball21

Reaction score
I was high on Murphy, Smith, Porter Jr and Branch for our 1st round pick.

Porter and Branch look like studs and TBD on Murphy and Smith…didn’t get a lot of opportunity.

WhizKid

Reaction score
I wanted Luke Musgrave at 26. He went 42nd but I think he's a difference maker at Tight End and would have been a much better pick than Mazi (Sam LaPorta, who I was not big on, would have been a home run pick).

I wanted Achane at 58. Again, I was higher since he went 84th, but I think everyone here would have been thrilled with him.

Overshown was a good pick at 90 but I liked BYU’s Blake Freeland who went 106th to Colts. He started 16 games.

4th round I would have gone Darius Rush. Fehoko felt like a giant reach.

5th round range I liked Jaelyn Duncan (I wish I would have had any clue how good Puka Nuka was).

6th round I would have gambled on USC's Andrew Voorhess or D3 prospect Jake Witt. I also liked Derek Parish, the Fullback/Linebacker/Edge out of Houston.

A guy who I was super high on and went undrafted was UCLA WR Jake Bobo. a 4.99 40 time killed his draft chances by he caught 19 balls and 2 TDs for the Seahawks this year.

These aren't hindsight picks either. This was all predraft.
Bobo is serious redzone threat and I think could develop into a solid possession WR.

WhizKid

Reaction score
I was high on Murphy, Smith, Porter Jr and Branch for our 1st round pick.

Porter and Branch look like studs and TBD on Murphy and Smith…didn’t get a lot of opportunity.
Murphy had a good season despite a limited number of snaps. Should only get better. Who are the post-2nd rounders you may have hit-on?

cnuball21

Reaction score
Murphy had a good season despite a limited number of snaps. Should only get better. Who are the post-2nd rounders you may have hit-on?
Oh man I’d have to do some digging…

Some of the guys I know I was high on that had good years were Tank Dell, Byron Murphy, Latu, Benton and Garrett Williams. Probably just as many misses lol.

bleachedwheat

Reaction score
Porter Jr., Benton, Puka, Avila, Rashee Rice, YaYa Diaby, Dorian Williams, Herbig, kyu blu kelly,

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Loool, it’s like nobody reads the OP’s rules (outside the first two rounds):

The one guy I remember liking/advocating for was Byron Young LB/Edge for the Rams.

I think Sydney Brown is up and coming player.

WRs Tre Tucker & Trey Palmer also had moments.

WhizKid

Reaction score
Loool, it’s like nobody reads the OP’s rules (outside the first two rounds):

The one guy I remember liking/advocating for was Byron Young LB/Edge for the Rams.

I think Sydney Brown is up and coming player.

WRs Tre Tucker & Trey Palmer also had moments.
The Rams had a really good draft.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I don't think identifying draft prospects from this class as busts is good practice, yet. We can start that talk next offseason. But who is ONE player, not picked in the first 2 rounds, that you hit on.

That pick for me was Kobie Turner, DT Wake Forest. (3rd round, LAR)

Dude has been an absolute beast this year.

I saw this blurb from SI:
"The Rams' third-round pick tallied nine sacks and 50 pressures, outperforming every other rookie interior defensive lineman in the process. His 83.2 overall PFF grade was the 11th-highest at the position too."

I thought it was evident with his college tape that he could develop into a dominant interior defender (both as a pass rusher and a run-defender).
I don't think there was a real I championed hard for that hit after the first two rounds. I think Downs was the closest. I would have been pretty happy if we drafted him in the 2nd

cnuball21

Reaction score
I don't think there was a real I championed hard for that hit after the first two rounds. I think Downs was the closest. I would have been pretty happy if we drafted him in the 2nd
Oh yea Downs was another kid I liked…I think most of us liked him on here.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
My favorite NT was Benton, had him ahead of Mazi and neither were 1st rd prospects.

Mingo was one of my pet cats, but didn't have too much of an impact yr 1.

Forbes/McDonald who I loved, had so so rookie years as well.