2023 NFL pass rush, run stop, blocking win rate rankings

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
We’ve had a lot of pressures but we’re not getting home as much as we did last season. We had 54 sacks in 2022 and 42 this season.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Cowboys are top 6 for run block win rate and we can't run the ball :huh:
Definitely goes against those who are blaming the running game on the run blocking. I still think it's a combination of blocking failures, the back's failures and the scheme failures. But this might indicate the blocking failures are the least factor.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Would that suggest it's the running backs, or scheme and not OL? Not sure I am buying that tho.
I do think the scheme, or at least how we are using Pollard, plays a big role. I think out of the things that McCarthy does well, the running game is not one of them.

doomsday9084

Reaction score
Cowboys are top 6 for run block win rate and we can't run the ball :huh:
IMO, its scheme and play design. If you leave a guy on the weakside unblocked, every blocker can win their block and you still lose yardage as the unblocked guy gets into the backfield.

That dive out of the shotgun where two O linemen pull and Pollard gets anywhere from 2 yards to -3 yards is asinine. The weakside D linemen just run in and break up the play. I can't believe it keeps getting called.