2025 Ben Johnson HC? (Lions OC)

chasecooley5308

Reaction score
I think its pretty clear by now that Big mike is more than likely on his way out the door as well as probably most of the rest of the coaching staff. Looking ahead at the schedule i realistically see us going 8-9. I think we will sweep the giants, and split the games with philly and washington. With micah and tank out for extended periods of time its going to make a tough stretch of games even harder. Assuming McCarthy gets the boot after the season what do yall think about bringing in Ben Johnson from Detroit? The lack of creativity wont be a problem with him as HC like it currently is with big mike. Johnson is ranked as the #1 OC in the NFL according to PFF. I know Jerry and Co like to bring in old heads as HC but this organization definitely needs something new and fresh. What do yall think? A realistic possibility?

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
I think its pretty clear by now that Big mike is more than likely on his way out the door as well as probably most of the rest of the coaching staff. Looking ahead at the schedule i realistically see us going 8-9. I think we will sweep the giants, and split the games with philly and washington. With micah and tank out for extended periods of time its going to make a tough stretch of games even harder. Assuming McCarthy gets the boot after the season what do yall think about bringing in Ben Johnson from Detroit? The lack of creativity wont be a problem with him as HC like it currently is with big mike. Johnson is ranked as the #1 OC in the NFL according to PFF. I know Jerry and Co like to bring in old heads as HC but this organization definitely needs something new and fresh. What do yall think? A realistic possibility?
I was thinking about that watching the Lions play Monday night. I think he would be a great choice.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Ben Johnson landing in Dallas would mean we are getting rid of the entire staff more than likely. Love the idea but I would want to retain our current Dline coach and Greg Ellis at very least. BJ would bring in an entirely new scheme on offense for Dak. Not sure Jerry would go for that. I think Cincy may fire their current HC(Taylor) if they continue to struggle. If that happens, we better hire him. Hes off the McVey Tree and if memory serves, isn't that the west coast offense? That would mean the scheme isn't changing much for Dak. The man got that dumpster fire and made it a winner. I think he could do it here.

chasecooley5308

Reaction score
Ben Johnson landing in Dallas would mean we are getting rid of the entire staff more than likely. Love the idea but I would want to retain our current Dline coach and Greg Ellis at very least. BJ would bring in an entirely new scheme on offense for Dak. Not sure Jerry would go for that. I think Cincy may fire their current HC(Taylor) if they continue to struggle. If that happens, we better hire him. Hes off the McVey Tree and if memory serves, isn't that the west coast offense? That would mean the scheme isn't changing much for Dak. The man got that dumpster fire and made it a winner. I think he could do it here.
As bad as i hate to say it i think youre right, jerry would probably never go for anyone who would change the system. Even though i think i would help dak and the offense tremendously. Its nice to think about anyway. Right now theres just no creativity whatsoever with this offense. Seems like the only pass routes we have are slants, hitches or go routes. Although the lack of a running game may be a reason our pass game has struggled too.

RoboQB

Reaction score
It makes perfect sense and should absolutely be the plan. Getting a young offensive guru to bring in a fresh scheme that is current with how the league is played is exactly what the franchise needs.

Also, it will never happen.