2nd Pre-Season Game is the MARK

Champsheart

Reaction score
Well we are not even a week into Training Camp and lots of concerns are flowing about the Offense.

Sure the O is struggling, but this is the norm. When the first Pre-Season game comes you will probably see the same things you have been reading about. Remember this thread when we probably score no more than 10 points the first Pre-Season game.

Since Parcells has been here this has been no different to my memory.

The 2nd Pre-Season game is when you see this Offense go.

No need to worry until then. I can not say what Parcells does, and his strategy for getting things going with the offense, but at this point it is pretty evident he likes to tinker with things and is not looking for everything we are until the pieces are in place, and the time is right.

He seems to be very systematic in putting the Offense together and the 2nd Pre-Season game is the mark, at least that is how the previous 3 years have gone if I remember correctly.

Champsheart

Reaction score
2003 Pre-Season
Week 1 Dallas scores 0
Week 2 Dallas scores 34

2004 Pre-Seaosn
Week 1 Dallas scores 0
Week 2 Dallas scores 21

2005 Pre-Season
Week 1 Dallas scores 9 We actually had 11 points but defense scored Saftey
Week 2 Dallas scores 18

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
dude no matter how many threads, if we perform badly in the first scrimmage alone, people will be jumping off of bridges

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
dargonking999 said:
dude no matter how many threads, if we perform badly in the first scrimmage alone, people will be jumping off of bridges

Sadly that is true

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
The way it has gone is that Dallas has struggled with the offense in training camp. Dallas has yet to score a TD in the first preseason game under Parcells. In the second preseason game, the offense looks a little better, but not all that hot. The 3rd and 4th preseason game is where they usually start to pick it up a bit. And under Parcells, the offense has gotten off to some good starts. But a lot of the problems they've had were due to injuries and not making proper adjustments as the season hits the midway point.

I still think if we can get some serviceable work from the Offensive tackles, they'll be in decent shape. And if we can stay healthy on offense, that will only help the cause.

Rich..........

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
dargonking999 said:

I'm already standing on the GWB (George Washington Bridge) and the scrimmage hasn't even begun...

See me standing there just above the boat? :laugh1:

bridge2.JPG

MONT17

Reaction score
in 1990 and 91 the Cowboys D was not ahead of the O... but the O were able to make plays v. the D in the first week of TC and throughout! there shouldnt be panic but there should be concern!!!

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
All that guys on Defense know is the following...."Get the guy with the ball..." Defensive players do have a different mindset, so it does actually make sense that the offense is slower at the beginning.