3/12 Free Agency - Mock Draft

Sandyf

Reaction score
As expected the Cowboys will go the cheap route when it comes to free agents not their own.

Hopefully we resign Tyron Smith LT, Stephon Gilmore CB, Trent Sieg LS, Jonathan Hankins DT

Leki Fotu DT - massive guy, good run stopper, not much pass rush help, can clog the middle, around $1.5 million a year guy
Jonathan Ledbetter DE - size that Zimmer likes in his DE, young, upside, about $1.5 million a year
Eric Kendricks ILB - knows Zimmer system, older guy, still can play, about $3.5 million a year
K'Lavon Chaission OLB - former 1st round guy, upside, about $3 million a year
Josh Uche OLB/DE - seems like the type Zimmer likes, about $8 million a year
J.C. Jackson CB - needs a reboot, about $3 million a year for one year

RB - there will be at least one but seems like they will sign two even with tendering Dowdle, hopefully Henry or Mixon but more likely Elliott, Akers, Dobbins, Mathison, or Penny since they all will be cheap.

24. Troy Fautanu OT Washington - can play all five positions on the line, some see him inside but believe he will be LT and if not then LG with Smith moving to LT, long arms, great weight, quick feet, could be the steal at the OT spot

56. T'Vondre Sweat DT Texas - most don't believe he will be available here, think otherwise due to OTs/WRs/QBs/DEs runs that will happen, massive guy although probably a 2 down guy, definitely a run stopper and surprising good at making the QB move off the spot

87. Trade with Washington, Washington gets 87, 233 and 5th in 2025, Dallas gets 100, 102

100. Tanor Bortolini OC Wisconsin - Dallas continues their run with Wisconsin centers

102. Braelon Allen RB Wisconsin - big guy, can get the short yards at redzone, first downs, moves the pile

Trade of Michael Gallup to Las Vegas
148, Zak Zinter OG Michigan - will make a good RG when Martin retires

173. Myles Cole DE Texas Tech - can play 4-3 or 3-4 with hand on the ground, quick, plays to the whistle, takes coaching well

216. Louis Rees-Zammitt WR England - my wildcard, great speed, powerful, great size, raw, my new Bob Hayes

233. Qwan'tez Stiggers CB Toronto - played CFL, no college experience, very good cover corner

244. Malik Dunlap CB Texas Tech - can play both CB/S, good size, bit of a project but good upside

Bigdog

Reaction score
love the first 4 picks but only thing is I don't know if the first 2 will get to us when we pick

My3Sons

Reaction score
Good mock, but I am hoping they can find a partner to move down 4 or 5 spots.

If Newton is there, race the card up.

ccb04

Reaction score
Really like it! Fautanu is one of my favorite players in the draft. He played HS ball in my area at Liberty in Henderson, NV. He could play LT or LG as you mentioned.
Sweat would obviously help vs. the run.
I like Bortolini, as well as Van Pran, if going OC in the mid-rounds. Like Allen's age, size & production, but it would depend on who else is available.
Zinter is solid. Myles Cole is intriguing, and fits the Zimmer DE profile. He of course has ridiculous length at 6'6" with 36+ inch arms, and he tested very well at the combine. Stiggers is another intriguing player.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
As expected the Cowboys will go the cheap route when it comes to free agents not their own.

Hopefully we resign Tyron Smith LT, Stephon Gilmore CB, Trent Sieg LS, Jonathan Hankins DT

Leki Fotu DT - massive guy, good run stopper, not much pass rush help, can clog the middle, around $1.5 million a year guy
Jonathan Ledbetter DE - size that Zimmer likes in his DE, young, upside, about $1.5 million a year
Eric Kendricks ILB - knows Zimmer system, older guy, still can play, about $3.5 million a year
K'Lavon Chaission OLB - former 1st round guy, upside, about $3 million a year
Josh Uche OLB/DE - seems like the type Zimmer likes, about $8 million a year
J.C. Jackson CB - needs a reboot, about $3 million a year for one year

RB - there will be at least one but seems like they will sign two even with tendering Dowdle, hopefully Henry or Mixon but more likely Elliott, Akers, Dobbins, Mathison, or Penny since they all will be cheap.

24. Troy Fautanu OT Washington - can play all five positions on the line, some see him inside but believe he will be LT and if not then LG with Smith moving to LT, long arms, great weight, quick feet, could be the steal at the OT spot

56. T'Vondre Sweat DT Texas - most don't believe he will be available here, think otherwise due to OTs/WRs/QBs/DEs runs that will happen, massive guy although probably a 2 down guy, definitely a run stopper and surprising good at making the QB move off the spot

87. Trade with Washington, Washington gets 87, 233 and 5th in 2025, Dallas gets 100, 102

100. Tanor Bortolini OC Wisconsin - Dallas continues their run with Wisconsin centers

102. Braelon Allen RB Wisconsin - big guy, can get the short yards at redzone, first downs, moves the pile

Trade of Michael Gallup to Las Vegas
148, Zak Zinter OG Michigan - will make a good RG when Martin retires

173. Myles Cole DE Texas Tech - can play 4-3 or 3-4 with hand on the ground, quick, plays to the whistle, takes coaching well

216. Louis Rees-Zammitt WR England - my wildcard, great speed, powerful, great size, raw, my new Bob Hayes

233. Qwan'tez Stiggers CB Toronto - played CFL, no college experience, very good cover corner

244. Malik Dunlap CB Texas Tech - can play both CB/S, good size, bit of a project but good upside
Eric Kendricks hated playing for Zimmer. And there is no way you are getting a 4th or 5th for Gallup

Hardline

Reaction score
Neither of your top two picks are going to fall to us.