3-16-2012 mock.

sureletsrace

Official CZ Homer
Reaction score
Here we go again. I'm going to keep mocking my brains out. Why? Because I have nothing better to do with the 2 hours of free time between work and bedtime. Thanks for giving me a place to do it. All comments are appreciated.

14- David DeCastro, OG, Stanford. I don't think there's any player I've ever wanted to be drafted by the Cowboys as much as him. He is simply a dominating force.

45- Jared Crick, DE, Nebraska. Hopefully this guy is Aaron Smith 2.0. High effort, non-stop motor, bats down passes, vocal leader. Could be an immediate starter, or at least a rotational player.

82- Chase Minnifield, CB, Virginia. Can play press or off-man coverage, as well as an above average zone corner. Excellent tackler. Yes please! Could very well push Scandrick down to 4th CB and take over the slot.

113- Michael Brewster or Phillip Blake. Best C available. Competition for Kowalski. Jason Garrett wants to create competition among this football team. I can't think of a much better position to create a competition for.

144- Derek Wolfe, DE, Cincinnati. A bit of a project. Played DT in college, and is another relentless, non-stop, to-the-whistle type of guy. Was very productive in college, although he only has average lower body strength. Nothing an offseason or two in an NFL weight room couldn't help with. I think Woicik and dedication would serve him well in becoming at worst a solid rotational player who can disrupt the line and collapse the pocket.

175- George Bryan, TE, NC State. Unbelieveable hands. He catches everything. A solid blocker, however a bit limited in his upside due to a smaller frame. Not fast, but runs good routes, catches everything, and uses strength and leverage with good mechanics to create successful blocks.

206- Donte Paige-Moss, OLB, North Carolina. Low-risk, high reward type of player. Injury and a run-in with the law have dropped his stock. If he hasn't grown up, or his injury is too limiting, cut him. No harm done. If the cards fall right, the Cowboys get an absolute steal in him.