3 coaching changes I'd try to do.(Vrabel&Tolzien and ?)

Rayman70

Reaction score
One, is there any way we can convince Mike Vrabel to come in here and be the new Defensive Coordinator? I'd aim high and see if he would, with the idea that he would become the HC in waiting. The second coaching move I'd make is elevating Scott Tolzien to be my offensive coord, working hand in hand with MM. Shottenheimer was ok but we need new energy there. I feel these 2 moves might improve things going forward. I wanna keep Al Harris but feel DQ might take him with him if he leaves. The last coaching move I'd make is finding a proven run game coord. Not sure who yet. You guys make me some suggestions. I am not sure as far as a list of names. I would say I want to replace Solari but I think McCarthy won't let that happen. If I had my way, I would make sweeping changes but I think the 3 I named are realistic. Vrabel would change the culture I feel with what he demands from his defenses as far as toughness and football awareness.A fresh set of eyes is needed. Thoughts?

chuck520

Reaction score
One, is there any way we can convince Mike Vrabel to come in here and be the new Defensive Coordinator? I'd aim high and see if he would, with the idea that he would become the HC in waiting. The second coaching move I'd make is elevating Scott Tolzien to be my offensive coord, working hand in hand with MM. Shottenheimer was ok but we need new energy there. I feel these 2 moves might improve things going forward. I wanna keep Al Harris but feel DQ might take him with him if he leaves. The last coaching move I'd make is finding a proven run game coord. Not sure who yet. You guys make me some suggestions. I am not sure as far as a list of names. I would say I want to replace Solari but I think McCarthy won't let that happen. If I had my way, I would make sweeping changes but I think the 3 I named are realistic. Vrabel would change the culture I feel with what he demands from his defenses as far as toughness and football awareness.A fresh set of eyes is needed. Thoughts?
Vrabel wont be able to change the culture he will have to change to fit the culture of the team

chuck520

Reaction score
I am all in with Vrabel as DC... he could be interested if called on. Knowing MM is in his lame duck year and HC could be an option afterwards.
McCarthy isnt lame duck if we can win in the playoffs so its all on him

dagreat1_87

Reaction score
I honestly had the idea for vrabel as dc as well. I think he would only come if he thought he had a real shot of being HC next year if Mccarthy is gone

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why would Vrabel turn down a Head Coaching position for 2024?

He is reportedly a top 3 HC candidate right now.