3 Main questions going into TC

Bleed Blue

Dallas 67
Reaction score
Here are the three main questions I have going into training camp about the Cowboys. How they work themselves out could go along way in how this season ends.

1. Will T.O. become a team player and leader of this team without distractions?

2. Will Greg Ellis remain a Cowboy and not complain about his role on this team?

3. Is there enough talent and health on this O-line to be adequate?

Bleed Blue

Dallas 67
Reaction score
I think T.O. will want to prove a lot of people wrong and want be a problem this year. The "I love me" is still there because he has said that Bill will know when to get me the ball. T.O. is going to be T.O. but just maybe he has learned a little a matured some. Key did it I know T.O. can.

The line IMO with Jason,Flo and the signing of Kyle has to be better and should be ok especialy if Marco's back a year removed from the injury is stronger.

Greg Ellis I am really not sure about. I guess camp will tell all but I would not be surprised if he is traded. Dallas could use a good vet and you know he is still good for 8-10 a year. If the run is on it would be a loss. JMO

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dallas 67 said:
Greg Ellis I am really not sure about. I guess camp will tell all but I would not be surprised if he is traded. Dallas could use a good vet and you know he is still good for 8-10 a year. If the run is on it would be a loss. JMO

If during TC and games, the young guys look good, real good. Then I wouldn't be surprised to see Ellis get a lot of 1st string starts and playing time to show off his talents to work it for a trade before regular season. If someone gets a key player injured right before the season starts. Could work a good deal.

Bleed Blue

Dallas 67
Reaction score
Sportsbabe said:
Who are the back up receivers?
ah,ok Terry Glenn, Patrick Crayton,Green and Copper. Copper is STs unless there is a injury. Green is punt return an kick return for the most part i'm sure. Glenn and Crayton are very good and would be great if Patrick can stay healthy this year. I hope that's what you wanted?:confused:

StarAmongStars

Reaction score
Dallas 67 said:
Here are the three main questions I have going into training camp about the Cowboys. How they work themselves out could go along way in how this season ends.

2. Will Greg Ellis remain a Cowboy and not complain about his role on this team?

I say yes to all three.....however it wouldn't hurt to comb the waiver wires this summer for more oline depth.

CoCo

Reaction score
Dallas 67 said:
ah,ok Terry Glenn, Patrick Crayton,Green and Copper. Copper is STs unless there is a injury. Green is punt return an kick return for the most part i'm sure. Glenn and Crayton are very good and would be great if Patrick can stay healthy this year. I hope that's what you wanted?:confused:

add it to the list of concerns. We're likely dangeroulsy thin here.

SA_Gunslinger

Official CZ Ea-girls hater
Reaction score
i agree those are the top 3.

a close 4th is safety, and the whole keith davis mess on top of that already questionable position.

5th could be....who will kickoff?

ravidubey

Reaction score
Dallas 67 said:

IMO, these are in reverse, and my TO question is not about his being a distraction but his remaining healthy, remaining the impact player he has been in the past, and developing a chemistry with Bledsoe.

bobtheflob

Reaction score
The offensive line is the biggest question for the season, but I don't think we'll find much out during training camp, it's just hard to tell going against their own teamates. I'll be looking more for how the free safeties play.

Sportsbabe

Reaction score
Dallas 67 said:

Pretty much. I look at Terry as the 2. I forgot about Patrick. I was just wondering (God forbid), what was the contingency plan in case something happened to TO.

bobtheflob

Reaction score
Sportsbabe said:
Pretty much. I look at Terry as the 2. I forgot about Patrick. I was just wondering (God forbid), what was the contingency plan in case something happened to TO.

The plan is it would be 2004 all over again.