$30m guaranteed sounds right

Tass

Lucky Devil
Reaction score
What is wrong with Jerry? Dude, if Schaub and the rookie Russell are making scratch like that then Romo HAS to get at least the same. The going rate sucks but hey, it will only get bigger if he continues to wait. That $30m may look like a bargain in three years!

Meat-O-Rama

Vegetarians are so stupid.
Reaction score
Nothing is wrong with Jerry. He will get this done. Romo will be paid.

Paraphrasing Jerry here:

"Ask Troy Aikman if we know how to pay to keep a QB"

Jerry wanted to wait and see if Romo was worth it. He has seen, and he will GLADLY pay.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
We know nothing as of right now and if you believe anything PFT says than you definetely took the cheese.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Imagine how bad JJ would look if he had given Romo the big deal and are sitting 0-3 and Romo playing like Hogeboom?

I think he did a wise thing here. And who is to say Romo is not the one playing hard ball? Tony is a believer in Tony.

So am I

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Nors;1675838 said:
Imagine how bad JJ would look if he had given Romo the big deal and are sitting 0-3 and Romo playing like Hogeboom?

I think he did a wise thing here. And who is to say Romo is not the one playing hard ball? Tony is a believer in Tony.

So am I
I agree, but let me ask you Nors. How many more games would you give Romo before pulling out that fat check-book? Personally, I've seen enough - He's shown he can go up against whatever defense you throw at him and execute.

Get er done Jurrah!!

conner01

Reaction score
schaub is'nt close to 30 mi. he got 6/48 w/ 20 mil in the 1st 3 yrs of his deal guaranteed
you can't compare the 1st guy in the drafts contract.
i still think he sill get 7yrs/77 mil and about 20-25 mil in guarantees

Tass

Lucky Devil
Reaction score
CATCH17;1675829 said:
We know nothing as of right now and if you believe anything PFT says than you definetely took the cheese.

I'm not saying anything about PFT. I do know that a deal isn't done. The longer he waits the more scratch he's going to have to unass.

Tass

Lucky Devil
Reaction score
conner01;1675864 said:
you can't compare the 1st guy in the drafts contract.

Sure I can. He got paid based on college performance and potential. Romo has shown he can whup butt in the pros.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
I think Romo will be looking for > Bulger deal.

I think $25-30M guaranteed and $70-$80M overall. It is unbelievable that this kid is where he is. And if JJ doesn't get this done soon we may be looking at $100M

ultra5

Reaction score
if McMiss signed for like 100+ mil over 8 years??? in Philthy - well you know Romo is going to get the payday...

it's a travesty to see these little kids in the Phila area rolling around town in their McMiss jerseys... poor little misguided souls - i blame their parents. it's a disgrace to responsible parenting everywhere. :laugh2:

let's just hope Romo keeps his head screwed on straight after the big money payday.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
ultra5;1676053 said:
if McMiss signed for like 100+ mil over 8 years??? in Philthy - well you know Romo is going to get the payday...

it's a travesty to see these little kids in the Phila area rolling around town in their McMiss jerseys... poor little misguided souls - i blame their parents. it's a disgrace to responsible parenting everywhere. :laugh2:

let's just hope Romo keeps his head screwed on straight after the big money payday.
To be unbiased here, McChump did take them to the SB and 3 NFC championships. He does have SOME skins on the wall, unlike Bulger and Vick.

Aikbach

Reaction score
Let him go 7-0 and then pay him huge money in the bye week.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
ultra5;1676053 said:

You folks serious are missing something if you think McNabb sucks.

He has kicked our *** over and over again and led his team to numerous NFC East crowns. He's done that with a rotating cast of crap WRs (save for TO) and only 3 1000 yard rushers in his first 8 seasons.

Those are skins on the wall my friend. He deserves every penny of his deal. He is the biggest reason Philly has had so much success recently.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
abersonc;1676094 said:
You folks serious are missing something if you think McNabb sucks.

He has kicked our *** over and over again and led his team to numerous NFC East crowns. He's done that with a rotating cast of crap WRs (save for TO) and only 3 1000 yard rushers in his first 8 seasons.

Those are skins on the wall my friend. He deserves every penny of his deal. He is the biggest reason Philly has had so much success recently.

And when was he doing all the Superman stuff, abersonc? Was it during the Campo, Spurrier days? The times when the NFCE was the weakest link in the chain?

If a team has a GOOD QB that goes to the NFC Champ game 3 times, would'nt you expect him to win more than just one!??? And then when he did go to the Superbowl...you saw what everyone else saw.

No, McPuke is an average QB, a mental midget, a mommas boy, and a lap dog to Reid. He's had chance after chance after chance and guess what? He has absoutely NOTHING to show for it...

Those are his "skins"...! And who needs "skins"? The Lombardi is the prize...

:cool:

ultra5

Reaction score
5Stars;1676109 said:
And when was he doing all the Superman stuff, abersonc? Was it during the Campo, Spurrier days? The times when the NFCE was the weakest link in the chain?

If a team has a GOOD QB that goes to the NFC Champ game 3 times, would'nt you expect him to win more than just one!??? And then when he did go to the Superbowl...you saw what everyone else saw.

No, McPuke is an average QB, a mental midget, a mommas boy, and a lap dog to Reid. He's had chance after chance after chance and guess what? He has absoutely NOTHING to show for it...

Those are his "skins"...! And who needs "skins"? The Lombardi is the prize...

:cool:

Amen, brother...

I couldn't have said it better myself.

AussieFan

Reaction score
Honestly who really cares what size of contract Romo ultimately gets. I only care how it impacts the team in terms of salary cap. Assuming he gets a contract with 30 mill plus assured what is the likely lowest figure his salary cap figure would be after sufficient tweaking? If it has no real impact on the ability of Jerry to resign Newman, lock up Columbo, sign a nice FA addition like Fitzgerald and all the others seen as required for team continuity why the concern?