31 other teams, Detroit Lions on the clock

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
The idea seemed to go over well so if it's alright and we can carry over the interest I would like to move on down the order.

Rd 1 Pick 2 Detroit Lions:

Is there any other team in the league more familiar with selecting in the top 5 of the NFL Draft then the Detroit Lions?

It seems as if the Lions have found the QB they have spent so many years looking for last year. This is great news for HC and defensive minded Jim Schwartz. I'm sure he would love nothing more then to add a massive terror to the DL. I'm sure if he had his chance to chime in on our first thread he would very much support the Rams looking to the offensive side of the ball with the 1st pick so the huge DT from Nebraska Suh would fall into his lap but I'm sure Oklahoma DT Gerald McCoy would do just fine. Detroit could also help a weak secondary by taking Tennessee S Eric Berry or Florida CB Joe Haden.

Maybe perhaps they look OT to help reduce the beating their young QB took last year?

Opinions, thoughts, comments?

dillinger319

Striped Leopard
Reaction score
I think Detroit is hoping someone falls in love with one of the QB's... They could trade down 3-9 spots pick up an extra pick or 2 and be just fine.... 2 is to high for a safety, so if they stay put they take either Suh or McCoy.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
If the Rams are stupid and pass on Suh, Detroit needs to sprint to the podium to turn in that card.

I actually think Detroit should trade down and take Rolando McClain. They have their QB of the future, now go get your Defensive QB.

If they stay at #2 I think they need to protect Staffard by getting Russell Okung or Anthony Davis.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
i doubt it highly, picking in the top 5 hasnt worked so well, do something special TRADE DOWN!!!!!!!!!

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Should take: Anthony Davis
Will take: 1. Suh 2. Mccoy 3. Okung

I dont see a ton of teams clamoring to trade up in the last year w/ crazy rookie deals

dallasfaniac

Reaction score
The Lions are in a tough spot now that Bucs suprisingly moved up and selected Suh, whom the Lions were hoping would slip to #2. There are a couple ways they could go with this pick, trading down not really being an option now. In the end they'll take Eric Berry who, teamed with Delmas, should help improve on their 32nd ranked pass defense. They could go Okung or Davis but I think they'll grab an OT late that can be groomed while Backus continues to hold down the fort.

Ideally, I think they would be best trading down and picking up McClain to replace Foote as Hostile suggested. Teamed with Julian Peterson and Ernie Sims/Levy, McClain would help them in both the running and passing defenses.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
If Suh is taken #1, the Lions would be the ideal candidate to move down as they do not need a QB and Seattle might want to jump the Skins for the best QB available.

Definite trade possibility. If not, I expect them to protect there franchise quarteback with a franchise left tackle...Okung goes here.

newlander

Reaction score
the lions are the very definition of "irrelevant". I should know, as I live in Michigan.

Woods

Reaction score
IMO, they should take the top LT on their board to protect their franchise QB.