3rd & 10 late in the Fourth

Garland powerplay

Reaction score
A very big play was when Steelers QB #7 was 3rd & 10 and scrambled for 9 yards , there was a measurement. The spot was so bad by the zebra it gave the Steelers an extra yard and a 1/2.The next play was fourth down and ironically the measure was by the nose.:bang2:

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
Garland powerplay;2471799 said:
A very big play was when Steelers QB #7 was 3rd & 10 and scrambled for 9 yards , there was a measurement. The spot was so bad by the zebra it gave the Steelers an extra yard and a 1/2.The next play was fourth down and ironically the measure was by the nose.:bang2:

This is fact.

It could have changed the game, but we still held our fate in our hands even after they scored on that drive. We just didn't execute on offense.

I feel bad for our defense.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Garland powerplay;2471799 said:

It would have been nice if we had a challenge at that point.

I said at the time challenging that sack by Hatcher was a bad idea. They ended up getting the first down anyway (us stopping them on 4th and goal had nothing to do with whether or not that challenge was worth it or not).

If we'd had that challenge, it's 4th and 2 for the Steelers, not 4th and inches.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
Rack;2471821 said:

I said at the time challenging that sack by Hatcher was a bad idea. They ended up getting the first down anyway (us stopping them on 4th and goal had nothing to do with whether or not that challenge was worth it or not).

If we'd had that challenge, it's 4th and 2 for the Steelers, not 4th and inches.

What's even sadder is that that first challenge would have proven to be a good idea if Ellis hadn't lined up in the neutral zone. Either way, it didn't work out in our favor.

Garland powerplay

Reaction score
The Cowboys were up 7 at this point and the 4th down measurement on the qb sneak would have changed possession. This was really the only bad call I saw for this game so can't complain too much. The penalties on the cowboys were deserved. Especially 12 men on field and lining up offsides. This lack of discipline will not help the chances of a championship or even a playoff.

kramskoi

Reaction score
tomson75;2471805 said:
This is fact.

It could have changed the game, but we still held our fate in our hands even after they scored on that drive. We just didn't execute on offense.

I feel bad for our defense.
this is a trend that fans sooner or later are going to have to face up to...Williams, Witten, Owens, Bennett, Crayton, Austin, Choice/Barber out of the backfield...how many more weapons does an offense need to be successful?

Those who are playing the apologist after this latest gaffe would do well to remember that NY, PHI and IND all figured out how to beat the Steelers [largely by not beating themselves] but the Cowboys could'nt find the combination.

They would also do well to remember that Dallas would be road warriors for the duration of the playoffs and figuring out top defenses on the road in hostile environments and weather conditions is the only way to a Superbowl this year.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
Garland powerplay;2471889 said:
The Cowboys were up 7 at this point and the 4th down measurement on the qb sneak would have changed possession. This was really the only bad call I saw for this game so can't complain too much. The penalties on the cowboys were deserved. Especially 12 men on field and lining up offsides. This lack of discipline will not help the chances of a championship or even a playoff.

The officiating was pretty good in our game, but the long reception earlier in that drive should've been incomplete. Two mistakes that really hurt us.

StylisticS

Reaction score
Rack;2471821 said:

I would say that 1st challenge was worse. It was a clear fumble and a waste of a challenge. If we didn't challenge that, than that Hatcher one would have a great challenge. The bad spot would have been a successful challenge and then we would have gotten another one to which we could have thrown another challenge on the play where I really believe that the Steeler receiver did not catch that ball. They never showed a replay because the Steelers was in a hurry up offense. A couple players later, they scored the tieing touchdown.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
kramskoi;2471897 said:
this is a trend that fans sooner or later are going to have to face up to...Williams, Witten, Owens, Bennett, Crayton, Austin, Choice/Barber out of the backfield...how many more weapons does an offense need to be successful?

Those who are playing the apologist after this latest gaffe would do well to remember that NY, PHI and IND all figured out how to beat the Steelers [largely by not beating themselves] but the Cowboys could'nt find the combination.

They would also do well to remember that Dallas would be road warriors for the duration of the playoffs and figuring out top defenses on the road in hostile environments and weather conditions is the only way to a Superbowl this year.

This is fact too. The offense is now the unit holding the team back....and if someone had told me that would happen six months ago I would've driven them to the closest shrink I could find. Not now.

StylisticS

Reaction score
kramskoi;2471897 said:

Luckily, Dallas will not face those type of conditions again. New York gets cold. But not Pittsburgh cold.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
tomson75;2471932 said:
This is fact too. The offense is now the unit holding the team back....and if someone had told me that would happen six months ago I would've driven them to the closest shrink I could find. Not now.

If we can get decent enough to score 21 a game down the stretch, I think we'll be just fine - our defense is starting to peak at just the right time.

Remember when the Colts went to the Super Bowl and won -- their rush defense was like last in the NFL and they largely beat people by scoring points...their defense peaked at the right time.

We just have to hope Jason Garrett has more on games than off games playcalling wise, and we'll be just fine.

Oh and Wade needs to not go to the prevent defense. Line up tight and hit 'em in the mouth all game.

Garland powerplay

Reaction score
They orchestrated that well no huddle to avoid the replay.
This was by design and Cowboys should learn from this.
They call fire when the receiver admits he doesn't catch it etc.. ball snapped yo.....end of story