45 years ago today attended SB XIII

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Seems like a lifetime ago. I didn’t know I was going until about a week before.

Bob Lilly a friend of my uncle from TCU and then a business acquaintance gave us his 35 yard line tickets.

Dad took me and my little brother . Dad sold the other ticket outside the Orange Bowl.

We flew from DFW that morning with a stop over in Atlanta and then to Miami. Took a cab to the game. And returned home that night . On the flight back sat next to Fran Tarkenton who got off in Atlanta. My brother got his autograph on back of his stub.

I have framed in my man cave the souvenir tshirt( attached) SB pin , ticket stub and program which I had signed later by Tom Landry.

GUEkHb4.jpeg

Hardline

Reaction score
I wish the final result of the game would've been different.

1942willys

Reaction score
It is such a shame that a player with a great career got remembered for the one pass he dropped
I bet to this day he thinks about that

rambo2

Reaction score
Seems like a lifetime ago. I didn’t know I was going until about a week before.

Bob Lilly a friend of my uncle from TCU and then a business acquaintance gave us his 35 yard line tickets.

Dad took me and my little brother . Dad sold the other ticket outside the Orange Bowl.

We flew from DFW that morning with a stop over in Atlanta and then to Miami. Took a cab to the game. And returned home that night . On the flight back sat next to Fran Tarkenton who got off in Atlanta. My brother got his autograph on back of his stub.

I have framed in my man cave the souvenir tshirt( attached) SB pin , ticket stub and program which I had signed later by Tom Landry.

GUEkHb4.jpeg
Awesome!

jsb357

Reaction score
aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DUO_CORE

Reaction score
So did Jackie Smith drop the pass or was the pass off target as Roger claims?

1942willys

Reaction score
So did Jackie Smith drop the pass or was the pass off target as Roger claims?
I watched that live and like three replays and Jackie was falling backward in the end zone and Roger his him RIGHT IN THE HANDS
It was not a truly easy pass to catch but everyone knew he should have caught it
But that is just another facet of how great Rogers is in all ways

need to search Jackie Smith super bowl

1942willys

Reaction score
I’m never sure what thread to put these in.
Its about the Super Bowl so it should be at least in the NFL zone;and since its about the Cowboys I see no reason for it not to be in the Fan Zone
I see NO REASON AT ALL it should be in the Sports Zone when there are two better places