5 Reasons you are optimistic about the team this nfl season....

Payton34Smith22

Reaction score
And 5 reasons you are pessimistic about the team this nfl season.

For me....

optomistic
1) Defense got a hell of a lot better with Ware and Spears etc.!
2) True rising star in Julius Jones!
3) QB,From Vinny to Bledsoe
4) Tuna's 3rd year!
5) True rising star in Jason Witten!

pessimistic
1) Another new QB!
2) Can the rookies fill their roles?
3) No real star at WR,can Glenn stay healthy?
4) 3-4 D,what will happen to Glover?
5) changing QBs every other year! Hopefully Bledsoe or Henson will step up and do something!

So what are your thoughts?

Straight Arrow

Reaction score
1) Julius Jones
2) More horsepower (Marco Rivera, Dan Campbell, rejuvenated LA)
3) An emphasis on attacking the quarterback
4) CBs with experience
5) The Commanders twice on the schedule

Ashwynn

Reaction score
Payton34smith22 said:
And 5 reasons you are pessimistic about the team this nfl season.

For me....

optomistic
1) Defense got a hell of a lot better with Ware and Spears etc.!
2) True rising star in Julius Jones!
3) QB,From Vinny to Bledsoe
4) Tuna's 3rd year!
5) True rising star in Jason Witten!

pessimistic
1) Another new QB!
2) Can the rookies fill their roles?
3) No real star at WR,can Glenn stay healthy?
4) 3-4 D,what will happen to Glover?
5) changing QBs every other year! Hopefully Bledsoe or Henson will step up and do something!

So what are your thoughts?

I agree, all good points.

On your cons, I dont think 1 is an issue. 2 is a question that needs to be answered quickly, if so, all good, 3 gotta disagree here, we may not have stars, but if healthy, the receiving corp is solid as heck. 4 is a good. 3-4 4-3 I dont care what you put out there, when you have playmakers on D, they will make the plays, we have some now. Is Canty a playmaker? we will see. 5 needs to be settled NOW. if it isnt Henson for the future, cut him and get someone to groom. Bledsoes good for 2-3 years if needed I think.

All in all, so much to be excited about, on Offense and Defense. Gunna be a good year to be a cowboy and a better year not to be a skins or eagirls fan, hoping they fight it out for cellar this year, course Eagirls are too good for cellar, but I think we can give em a run for their money this year for the east title.

blindzebra

Reaction score
Op:

1. RBs

2. Witten

3. Increase of talent on defense.

4. We spent money on good players, that our leaders on and off the field.

5. Henson.

Pess:

1. Parcells may force a 3-4 full-time out of pride and embarrassment, even though we are still better suited to be a 4-3.

2. Bledsoe, I'm afraid he will be EGII.

3. Depth at DT, unless we rotate Spears, Canty, or Ratliff into the mix. We have no true depth at NT.

4. Depth at LB and/or the 4th LB in a 3-4, I don't think he's on the team.

5. Any injuries at WR, DT, OT, or safety could kill us.

Jay

Reaction score
1. We finally started to get Parcells' mold of a defense.

2. Julius Jones with a veteran A-Train and MB3 in our backfield, along with the Marco Rivera edition and the return of Campbell off his injury will definitely help our running game.

3. Drew Bledsoe.. he can still play, we're talking about a player who led the Bills to win 6 in a row at one point and win 8 out of 10 in another point. He's had his most success under Parcells, and while some will give the Bills' McGahee the credit, who would like to bet that Julius WILL help Drew with a solid running game?

Those are 3 broad reasons, and I'm not even mentioning the fact that Parcells has barely taken any days off as it's been stated he's been working since the end of the Giants game. We're going to be ready, I'm usually not THIS optimistic but I have a great feeling about this season. I'm just hoping we gel as a team, with having some rookies in there. We could very well have the return of a dominating defense, and I'm not talking one like 2 years ago. Really think about the people we have on defense, am I the only one that gets really excited?

3 months is way too long.

twa

Reaction score
1 O-line and D-line has more talent and depth
2QB's are a fairly solid group[ at least compared to the last few years]
3 running backs as a group are strongest group in years
4 We added 3 experienced DB's to a talented young group
5 Parcells was embarassed last year...it is not going to happen again

pessimistic
1 too many new pieces to be sure of them playing as a team.
2Talent at linebacker is thin or unproven
3 The switch to 3-4 will cause problems adjusting.[which is one reason I feel it WILL be a MIX]
4 Unsure if Bledsoe can be the QB this team needs.
5 Right tackle still uncertain [Petitti IMO is the answer....pinning my hopes on a low round rookie puts it on the minus side]

Overall I am excited and can hardly wait.
:skins: :jints: :iggles:

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
1. It's June, which means everyone is optimistic now. No injuries yet.

2. Parcells was -- in his own words -- embarrassed last year.

3. The backfield is properly stocked.

4. Some way, somehow, Dallas will put more pressure on the QB this year.

5. The addition of Henry and A. Glenn will make the pass coverage the best it's been in many years.

Trophy#6

Reaction score
Op;
1. We have a qb that can actually throw the ball for the first time really since Aikman.
2. We have a rb that can actually run consistantly for the first time really since Smith.
3. We have a possession reciever that can actually make us first downs on a whim for the first time really since Irvin.
4. We have a te to finally go with that possession reciever for the first time really sincie Novacek.
5. We have that qb, that rb, that possesion wr and that te all on the same team!

Pess;
1. Our defense is REALLY young.
2. Our secondary is still a bunch of question marks. Will the bargain free agents pan out? Will Newman overcome his sophmore year slump? Can we find a free saftey? If we find that free saftey will Roy's transition back SS be as seemless as we hope?
3. I have no faith in our backup QB's whatsoever. I don't believe the future of this team is even out of college yet, if not still in high school. If Bledsoe gets banged up, that scares me.
4. We have no legitmate option for when Terry Glenn takes his yearly "dive". So unless Bledsoe is light years better then Vinny was last year for us, I don't know if we can overcome it, just like we couldn't last year.
5. A GREAT offseason, particulary the draft, but,.....after last seasons array of blunders by Parcells, I still question if he still has got what it takes. Year 1 with Quincy, I think we just had a lot of good warm vibes floating around Valley Ranch that propelled this team to do alot better then they were capable of. Last year,..well we all know the story of last year. Again, what seems to be a great offseason, but now lets see if he still knows how to cook the dinner after buying all those groceries.

NicholasD

Reaction score
1. Revamped D
2. Healthy Julius
3. No more Vinny
4. Jason Witten
5. Rejuvinated and motivated Parcells

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Optimistic

1. Bill Parcells' pride was wounded.
2. We had cap money and a direction.
3. A very solid Draft.
4. The QB of the future is here IMO and that makes me giddy.
5. Rising young stars on both sides of the ball.

Pessimistic

1. Our starting QB is past his prime and not as effective as I want.
2. Age and injuries at WR. Hopefully a 2006 focus to repair.
3. The Eagles are still very good and a hurdle we have to jump.
4. Not sure we will have best 11 on field for defense.
5. Rookie mistakes likely.

Tristan

Reaction score
Opt= #1 Drew Bledsoe (still Dangerous when surrounded w/talent)
#2 4 big time front seven prospects added to bring the heat!
#3 Solidified Cb position, covered both sides of the old Cb's help pass rush/pass rush helps cb's debate. there will be sacks and interceptions this year!
#4 J.J./Barber lightning and lightning!
#5 O-Line, Flozell and Allen in great shape, Johnson in third year, Rivera, and young developing depth.
#6 Young Stud QB being developed the right way.OUR QB position is Ideal.
#7 Trimmed the FAT, Dat Turd & other lazy cancer gone!
#8 Roy Williams back in the box to reek havock.
#9 Jason Whitten
#10 Sunday Ticket! I get to see every damm play.

Reaction score
1. Vastly improved O-line. Still questions there, but overall, they'll be a much better unit than we fielded last year.
2. An exceptional trio of RB's who are going to be kickin' butt and takin' names.
3. Witten, Key, Terry, Crayton & Copper. Our running game will open up the passing lanes.
4. Our awesome draft & F/A pickups signal the beginning of the return of Doomsday.
Sure, it'll take awhile for them to gel, but by mid-season they are going to be tough. By the time we hit the playoffs, they should be firing on all cylinders.
5. Parcell's is pissed and he's got something to prove.

I am VERY optimistic about the upcoming season. I firmly believe our franchise QB is already on the team. (Henson) Now if we can only get him some playing time.

I don't see us going to the big dance this year, though it's not entirely out of the realm of possibility. This is going to be a season of solidifying where we're going as a team, starting to get our swagger back, and going into the playoffs with confidence. Bum Phillips once said when he was the coach of the Oilers something like "Last year, we knocked on the door. This year, we're going to break the damned thing down." I think that by this time next year, we'll all be feeling the same way.

Charles

Benched
Reaction score
The possibility of Roy Williams being set loose with the move back to his natural position in the box X 5

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
Optimistic:
1. EXCELLENT offseason acquisitions
2. EXCELLENT draft picks
3. Returning injured players
4. Bill seems to be "all in" now
5. Our schedule looks butter
6. Our division appears to be crumbling around us
7. I like 3-4
8. More experienced players (Julius, Witten, Newman, etc.)
9. Roy back in position

Pessimistic:
1. Switching defensive schemes
2. Rough early road schedule
3. WR depth?
4. New staff, new players, chemistry?

silver

Reaction score
1. 3rd year under Parcells
2. Julius & Witten
3. Defensive additions
4. Drew Henson's 2nd year
5. Pass Rush

Billy Bullocks

Reaction score
Pro
1) Jones..Barber and Thomas too.
2) Our Hosses up front
3) Young, attacking, defense
4) Actual Depth being established
5) Parcells in year 3, coming off a dissapointing season, and Bledsoe

Con

1) Inexperience on defense (contradicts above, o well)
2) adjustment period to 3-4 (sort of contradicts above again)
3) Bledsoe
4) Free Safety

I know some of my points contradict, but that's kind of what scares me about next year, if most things go our way (rookies, A. Henry, Glenn playing well for the whole season, RT not becoming an issue, Bledsoe) we can be very good. But there's alot of key positions and players who are unproven who need to step it up.

Mash

Reaction score
Pro

Julius
Witten
Rivera
Solid draft (IMHO)
Parcells is angry

Cons

Assistant coaching, game planning and adjustments
The 3-4 and Zimmer stating that its more read and react then the 4-3
Red zone scoring
Some key players are getting old
Bledsoe...past his prime and is just another rent a bus driver.