5 things I think I think

dboyz

Reaction score
1. Columbo starts the season at RT. He has gotten most of the first team snaps to this point and the job appears his to lose.

2. Ellis starts at OLB in Jacksonville and he and Ware create headaches for OC's all year long.

3. Carpenter stays at ILB and by midseason he will get significant snaps alternating with Ayodele. He may also play significantly in the nickle.

4. Watkins starts in Jacksonville.

5. Lou Polite makes the team and takes some of Fasano's snaps.

Hiero

Reaction score
dboyz said:
1. Columbo starts the season at RT. He has gotten most of the first team snaps to this point and the job appears his to lose.

2. Ellis starts at OLB in Jacksonville and he and Ware create headaches for OC's all year long.

3. Carpenter stays at ILB and by midseason he will get significant snaps alternating with Ayodele. He may also play significantly in the nickle.

not bad,
1. I definitely wouldnt be surprised if he beats out Petitti, its one of those two.
2. ellis at lolb could definitely happen, but im not sure if he starts there, but instead is subbed in and out.
3. I still see Carpenter getting a lot of time at strongside lb. definitely could play at ilb maybe in nickel.
4. I sure hope so. I would be really disappointed if he isnt.
5. lou polite not really a fan but I think he may make the team.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
dboyz said:

Agree

Agree

Don't agree, he will stay at OLB IMO and take over for Ellis around week 9

Don't agree, Coleman or Davis will start

He will make the team, but won't take many snaps from Fasano and Hannam

t.o.boys81

Reaction score
dboyz said:

1. I can definitly see Columbo winning the job. Espcecially if Pettiti jokes.
2. I do believe Ellis will start at OLB against Jax. Him and WAre will create havoc.
3. I think Carpenter will eventually take over Ellis' OLB spot, making Ellis be a prime backup at DE and OLB.
5. I hope so, but I don't see it happening.
6. I'm not sure Polite will make the team. Fasano will be a very nice surprise I think.

baj1dallas

Reaction score
1. Parcells said it was about 50/50 so it's hard to pick. I think if it is that even he should go ahead and give the job to Petiti because at least we know he's durable.

2. Wouldn't be surprising at all at this point.

3. I doubt he makes much impact this year either way. Sounds like neither him nor Ayodele has been impressive so far.

4. Watkins only starts if we start in the nickel.

5. I agree about Polite.

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
t.o.boys81 said:
1. I can definitly see Columbo winning the job. Espcecially if Pettiti jokes.

There's no room for a class clown on this team.

Joking around should be done on his own time.

dboyz

Reaction score
baj1dallas said:
1. Parcells said it was about 50/50 so it's hard to pick. I think if it is that even he should go ahead and give the job to Petiti because at least we know he's durable.

2. Wouldn't be surprising at all at this point.

3. I doubt he makes much impact this year either way. Sounds like neither him nor Ayodele has been impressive so far.

4. Watkins only starts if we start in the nickel.

5. I agree about Polite.

Columbo has taken more first team snaps at RT than anyone else and Parcells said yesterday in his PC that he would have to see more from Petitti. Petitti may end up being a pretty good swing guy.

dboyz

Reaction score
GoinForSix said:
Eh, you're batting .400 on this. Maybe.

We'll see, won't we. But anyone can predict things like Drew Bledsoe will be out starter barring injury. Some of these I'm going out on a limb, but we'll see.

It sounds like a lot of people see Carpenter going back to OLB, but I don't think that's likely, especially if Singleton is still around.

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
Didn't someone on this board say we would be in big trouble if Columbo was our starter at RT the other day. Maybe they just feel he needs some game time and that he is showing the most improvement.

Jay

Reaction score
I agree, I don't see Carpenter going back to OLB. He'll stay inside, IMO.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
dboyz said:

If we don't get another RT, I agree. Even if we do, we might try to cheat one with him in there. I used to think it was being reserved for Petitti with the other two getting tryouts. I am not so sure anymore.

I agree partially. At some point, Ellis' time will decrease and we will see more of Burnett and possibly Carpenter. He will still "start", but like we did with Canty last year, you might see liberal substitution after a few weeks, and heavily after midseason. Ellis' stamina usually peaks in the first quarter of the season, lags at midseason and falls off the earth late in the year. By game twelve, he will be out of gas if he doesn't get subbed a good bit. I don't think he does it "all year long". He never has.

I agree.

I don't see any reason to start Davis unless there is apprehension about him being a rookie. But I fail to see how he could possibly be any more of a liability than Davis in coverage.

A few weeks ago, I would have thought this was impossible, but Fasano has yet to step up. Polite has a strong chance of making the roster, a lot stronger than thought.

dboyz

Reaction score
Alexander said:
I agree partially. At some point, Ellis' time will decrease and we will see more of Burnett and possibly Carpenter. He will still "start", but like we did with Canty last year, you might see liberal substitution after a few weeks, and heavily after midseason. Ellis' stamina usually peaks in the first quarter of the season, lags at midseason and falls off the earth late in the year. By game twelve, he will be out of gas if he doesn't get subbed a good bit. I don't think he does it "all year long". He never has.

It sounds like you think Singleton won't be around. I won't start any rumors that you and Nors are the same person. :) I still think it is probable Singleton makes the team and spells Ellis at OLB, but it definitely is possible he gets the axe. We are very deep at OLB. I agree that we should see liberal substitution for Ellis and I think it should be all of the way through the season. If it's not Singleton spelling Ellis, I could certainly see Burnett there.

It also sounds like with Hatcher's development has a pass rusher, along with Canty, Spears, Ratliff, Ellis won't have to play 100% of the nickle snaps.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
dboyz said:
It sounds like you think Singleton won't be around. I won't start any rumors that you and Nors are the same person. :)

That smiley face will not save you from my wrath. You have made an enemy. You will rue the day you made this comparison.

I still think it is probable Singleton makes the team and spells Ellis at OLB, but it definitely is possible he gets the axe. We are very deep at OLB. I agree that we should see liberal substitution for Ellis and I think it should be all of the way through the season. If it's not Singleton spelling Ellis, I could certainly see Burnett there.

I do also. We would be fortunate to have a player like him as a reserve. But he is one of the more marketable reserves we have. I am just assuming that since his contract is up next year (right?) and we know we could get something to help now that we move him. It is certainly nothing against him. Even though he is so very TINY.

baj1dallas

Reaction score
dboyz said:
Columbo has taken more first team snaps at RT than anyone else and Parcells said yesterday in his PC that he would have to see more from Petitti. Petitti may end up being a pretty good swing guy.

Yea it looks pretty likely that that is what Parcells has in mind.