5 Things to Watch as TC Starts

RonWashington

Reaction score
Dallas knows Cooper Rush is a capable back up , Lance needs heavy reps in practice and pre season . Exactly what does Dallas have for a 4th round investment .

MoistMayonnaise

Devil's Advocate
Reaction score
My biggest concern is OL, followed by DL. We won't have a running game regardless, if the OL isn't cohesive.

We are also relying on first and second year players too much, but this is the new all-in.

leeblair

Reaction score

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
DT is by far the scariest position group. If Osa goes down this time would get run over by a pee wee squad

blueblood70

Reaction score
https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/5-things-to-watch-as-training-camp-starts-this-week

Someone wrote that Zeke will need to stave off RB competition for the starter, from Deuce. :lmao:

So good answers though as what to watch for.
The one they left off though, was the Trey Lance development and battle for back up QB. But that has been discussed already quite often.
NO but don't underestimate Royce or Nathaniel Pete which is my pet cat this year we have guys on this team that can compete for a nice little running back by committee... As much as I like Vaughn and I hope somehow, he gets a bigger role on special teams and then a few snaps at running back for some gadget plays around the outside he is not pushing anybody out as far as getting significant snaps at running back..

But Pete, Royce, Zeke, and Rico will fight for being a part of the rotation but how big role will depend on what they look like, add in hunter/Vaugn as long shots ... I'm not gonna read that article because I'm not even going to click on it but I think that's quite a few solid choices to compete and figure out who's gonna win the jobs....

I actually can't wait to see Nathaniel Pete play in training camp but more so in pre season because I think he's gonna surprise some people and he's going to force this coaching staff who may not even be on their radar right now to put him on this team in a big role... I don't see why people would scoff at that because the guys got that Tony Pollard kind of or about him like in college seldom used he could do some things inside but he can really do it outside he's got a little burst he's got good eyes and good vision I mean this is one position that can go from college and right into the pros you don't have to be a top pick to be a good running back in this league.. I mean Kansas City found their guy in the seventh round....

so for me,

it's the RBs with Pete being my pet cat

than hoping Turpin get a shot at the majority of #3 WR reps

of course, we are all watching those 5 OL fight for 2 key positions.

Mazi and the other interior DTs , how they look.

less of an eye on Sam Williams but hope he takes the opportunity to take a step up. and last rush vs lance

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/5-things-to-watch-as-training-camp-starts-this-week

Someone wrote that Zeke will need to stave off RB competition for the starter, from Deuce. :lmao:

So good answers though as what to watch for.
The one they left off though, was the Trey Lance development and battle for back up QB. But that has been discussed already quite often.
If Deuce makes the team he will be utilized mostly as a receiver. That’s what he was doing in OTA’s. He was hanging out with the wide receivers. No way is he going to be starting at RB. Lol

fivetwos

Reaction score
It’s impossible to know much of anything these days until about week 5-6 of the regular season.

This team could very much go either way. I can see some things going well, especially if Mike can sell a ‘leaner and meaner/more with less’ type of thing….while eliminating dumb mistakes….but there is such a recipe for disaster already pre-set in so many ways that they may be tough to avoid.

Losing is very contagious and Mike could easily lose this team given several other situations.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dallas knows Cooper Rush is a capable back up , Lance needs heavy reps in practice and pre season . Exactly what does Dallas have for a 4th round investment .
it could be the same thing 9ers had for THREE 1st round investment.

It happens. A 4th? Lotta teams have wasted FAR more capital than that. We do often.

RonWashington

Reaction score
it could be the same thing 9ers had for THREE 1st round investment.

It happens. A 4th? Lotta teams have wasted FAR more capital than that. We do often.

Pollard was a 4 . Wasn’t too bad . Now we have a rushing attack second to all . My point being picks rounds 1-4 are needed to build contenders . As a former one Lance should be able to start at QB if needed .

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Five things to absolutely expect the next month:
  1. Several players will be declared “in the best shape of their lives.”
  2. A day 3 draft pick or UDFA will make a “spectacular“ catch, interception, etc, then not make the team.
  3. At least 3 unknown guys will be praised as “having a great camp”…then get cut. Or just make the practice squad and never play a meaningful down of NFL football.
  4. Jerry will utter several run-on non-sensical sentences in the “state of the Cowboys” presser and SJ will giggle. Mike McCarthy will serve as a potted plant.
  5. Many fans will will be upset that most of the starters won’t play a down in pre-season exhibition games.