6 Things I Think I Think About the Draft...

xpistofer

Reaction score
(1) I want to see us trade down and pickup picks in the 2nd and 3rd round. Warmack, Cooper, Austin, Sly Williams, and Austin would be the five guys I would look at in the first. Even with those on the board, like Jerry said, I think we could pick up multiple starters in rounds 2 and 3. Four picks in the 2nd and 3rd could (and should) net us four starters (safety, 2 OL, DL). Trade down would be hard to pass up in this draft.

(2) Philip Thomas needs to be the safety pick. He plays the ball so well, and philosophizes about the need for turnovers. Exactly what we need. He just has the knack for anticipating where the ball is. Vacarro doesn't have this, and Reid will be overdrafted, I think.

(3) I hope Dallas is paying attention to Latavius Murray. He runs a bit high, but that was a knock on Demarco. Latavius seems like a faster Demarco (though not quite as powerful). Two Murrays are better than one.

(4) If Warmack, Cooper, and Austin are gone and I had no trade partners, Sly Williams would be a great pick. His explosion off the line and reaction time reminds me of Leon Lett. Lett, like Ware, just had a quicker internal clock then everyone else. If he didn't have the substance issues, he could have been a perennial all pro. Sly Williams looks to have that kind of ceiling. Not sure about his floor, but would guess better than Hatcher currently.

(5) If we get 2 out of the 3 OL - Barrett Jones, Alvin Bailey, Brian Schwenke, we will have done very well. Add Clabo or Winston after the draft and we are in great shape...

(6) For those counting at home, that's: Sly Williams (with no trade down), Philip Thomas, Barrett Jones (or Schwenke), Alvin Bailey, Latavius Murray, and a couple of later round BPA's. How does that sound to ya?

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
xpistofer;5055938 said:
(1) I want to see us trade down and pickup picks in the 2nd and 3rd round. Warmack, Cooper, Austin, Sly Williams, and Austin would be the five guys I would look at in the first.

Tavon Austin and Matt Austin?? :cunning:

morasp

Reaction score
I'm almost certain they are looking for a WR in the early rounds and I think they would take a hard look at Eifert if he fell. Broaddus had an article this morning speculating they may be more interested in a one-technique DT which could be had later in the draft.

Broaddus: D-Line Info Gained From Pre-Draft Conference

Posted 17 hours ago

Bryan Broaddus Football Analyst/ScoutFollow BryanBroaddus on Twitter All Bryan Broaddus Articles

IRVING, Texas – Traditionally, these pre-draft press conferences that the teams stage offer little information to use or actually believe.

Jerry Jones, Stephen Jones, Tom Ciskowski and Jason Garrett aren’t interested in telling us any more than what we need to know. The media ask questions that might provide a little more insight, but there’s little chance of getting a true answer.

READ MORE:

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/a...nference/e6c2bbcb-1984-40f7-b699-1bee789ef085

xpistofer

Reaction score
MonsterD;5056025 said:
Tavon Austin and Matt Austin?? :cunning:

lol...that was a silly mistake on my part...I made it twice...so: four guys (Cooper, Warmack, Sly, Austin).

Thanx for catching that...:D