7 1/2 hours until we finally get to see our Boys!!

EMMITTnROY

Reaction score
yeah, it's only preseason, but I don't care!! I'm always super pumped for the first preseason game of the year.. can't wait to see the new guys play..

so my question: what are doing tonight? having some buddies over, getting some wings, watching the game? going to a sports bar? I'm just curious..

I'll start us off.. I'm watching the game at my house with my brother, my roommate, and a couple of buddies of mine.. we are gonna order some pizza, some wings, and buy a few liters of Coke.. (none of us are really beer drinkers).. then at halftime, we will go outside and throw the football around.. it's a Cowboys game tradition for us..

EMMITTnROY

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
I'm working till 11 :banghead:
dude, that sucks.. im sorry man..

this may sound weird, but if anybody who can't watch the game wants, PM me your cell phone number and I will text you updates on all the "big plays" that happen and updated scores..

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
EMMITTnROY said:
dude, that sucks.. im sorry man..

this may sound weird, but if anybody who can't watch the game wants, PM me your cell phone number and I will text you updates on all the "big plays" that happen and updated scores..

It's aight, TIVO is a wonderful thing ;)

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Right now, I plan on giving up a Saturday night out, and the women. To stay home and watch the game.
I missed last years TC & pre-season games (out of the country for my work) and don't want to miss any this year.
However, may be the possibility to watch 1st half, DVR the 2nd. and go to bar to watch it, but will watch / listen to it Sunday.
I'm recording the entire game anyway.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
EMMITTnROY said:
yeah, it's only preseason, but I don't care!! I'm always super pumped for the first preseason game of the year.. can't wait to see the new guys play..

so my question: what are doing tonight? having some buddies over, getting some wings, watching the game? going to a sports bar? I'm just curious..

I'll start us off.. I'm watching the game at my house with my brother, my roommate, and a couple of buddies of mine.. we are gonna order some pizza, some wings, and buy a few liters of Coke.. (none of us are really beer drinkers).. then at halftime, we will go outside and throw the football around.. it's a Cowboys game tradition for us..

a few liters of coke does more damage to your organs than a few liters of beer. have beer instead.....i insist.

superpunk

Reaction score
Am I mistaken, or does the game start at 10? What is going on here?

NinePointOh

Reaction score
I live in west Michigan, where the only sports on TV tonight are Brewers v. Braves and a repeat of last year's HS football state finals.

So I'm sitting in front of my computer staring at NFL.com's live updates and listening to whatever station is broadcasting the game online, while clicking 'Refresh' on this message board every fifteen seconds in case somebody can tell me who's looking good out there.

EMMITTnROY

Reaction score
lanecity1975 said:
a few liters of coke does more damage to your organs than a few liters of beer. have beer instead.....i insist.
haha

superpunk.. im pretty sure it starts at 10 eastern time.. which means 9 for us central folk..

EDIT: course, my thread title is gonna look more and more silly the closer it gets to 9 o'clock..

superpunk

Reaction score
EMMITTnROY said:
haha

superpunk.. im pretty sure it starts at 10 eastern time.. which means 9 for us central folk..

Noone cares about central time.

I just had no idea it started so late.

EMMITTnROY

Reaction score
NinePointOh said:
I live in west Michigan, where the only sports on TV tonight are Brewers v. Braves and a repeat of last year's HS football state finals.

So I'm sitting in front of my computer staring at NFL.com's live updates and listening to whatever station is broadcasting the game online, while clicking 'Refresh' on this message board every fifteen seconds in case somebody can tell me who's looking good out there.
dude, that's EXACTLY what I would be doing if I couldnt watch it on TV.. thank God that Oklahoma is still "Cowboys Country." :)

SupermanXx

Benched
Reaction score
lanecity1975 said:

:laugh2:

I like the way this man thinks

Everlastingxxx

All Star
Reaction score
I dont like any company during Cowboy games, too distracting. I will watch the game at home, hopefully on my computer if my eyetv comes in. I am excited! Also got my Commander/boys tickets, life is good right now!

cowboys#1

Finish!
Reaction score
im watching the game at my house with my dad and brother....we are die hards!
gonna fire up the grill...and watch it on our best 65" inch friend...its a family tradition...how bout them cowboys!!!!!!!!!!

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
EMMITTnROY said:
yeah, it's only preseason, but I don't care!!
Forget free agency.

Forget the draft.

Forget mini camps.

After 8 long months of waiting.

Tonight we get to watch God's gift to the NFL.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Scotman

Reaction score
Finally no classes to attend. Wife and kid are spending the night at her mom's to visit with her sister.

I'm here by myself. I made sure the screen to the TV was clean. Couch is broken in. Plenty of snacks and drinks. Phone will be off. Washed and dried my Cowboy's shirt that I'll wear every game this season (Even the draft).

I'm ready. 3 hours to go.