84 year old woman almost scammed out of $40,000 at a Bitcoin machine

Creeper

Reaction score
It is a shame older people are so gullible when it comes to these scams. It is amazing what some are willing to do for people they do not know on the telephone. When that IRS scam was popular, I was shocked to read that over 300,000 people fell for it and sent money to the scammers to told the people on the phone to go buy cash cards and give them then information to pay off IRS underpayments!

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
My Brother In law, a savvy investor, had $30K stolen from his digital wallet. Bitcoin is the biggest grift of the 21st century.

triplets_93

Reaction score
It is a shame older people are so gullible when it comes to these scams. It is amazing what some are willing to do for people they do not know on the telephone. When that IRS scam was popular, I was shocked to read that over 300,000 people fell for it and sent money to the scammers to told the people on the phone to go buy cash cards and give them then information to pay off IRS underpayments!

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I can't stand scammers that take advantage of elderly people (or anybody really, but especially elderly people that are not familiar with regular banking practices).

Lock them up and throw away the key.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
My Brother In law, a savvy investor, had $30K stolen from his digital wallet. Bitcoin is the biggest grift of the 21st century.
Definitely don’t have to be elderly to join the long list of people scammed by bitcoin hustles. Even Tom Brady lost it all.