#9 -- Romo's individual growth

Galian Beast

Reaction score
While watching Tony Romo's first interview of training camp, I can't help but think about his circumstances and how much he has grown as a player.

He was 4th in QB rating last year and despite throwing 3 interceptions against the Lions, he still only had 10 interceptions on the year.

The guy works hard for the Dallas Cowboys and his fans. A lot of people mention how the game isn't as fun for him anymore, and I think for the most part that seems true, but I definitely saw a more excited and personable Romo today.

He won't give the media any leeway to run with things. They asked him what he is doing this year to improve, and he mentioned that he used to tell them, but then they get ridiculous with the questions. One reporter still asked him and his response was hilarious. "Yet you're still going to ask me."

I like seeing this more comfortable Romo. I really hope he can start the season in mid season form.

I've got a lot of confidence in Callahan and his ability to get this offensive line ready. You combine a better offensive line with a healthy DeMarco Murray, and a healthy Dez and Miles... I think this offense is going to be more than okay.

I was always mixed on Martellus Bennett, I wanted things to work out with him here, but I do think that there will be some addition by subtraction here. Similar to when we got rid of Marion Barber. This MB just wasn't consistent enough to be one of the 11 on the field.

I really hope Garrett focuses on that. The best 11. I'd like to see a healthy Felix Jones in the offense at the same time as DeMarco Murray. I really hoped we would do some option stuff like Denver did last year. It worked really well for them. Maybe some T Formation.

popp1234

Reaction score
Simply put, I have nothing but respect for Romo. He has his moments (because he wants to win so badly), but we are VERY lucky to have him. Even an idiot like me realizes that. :)