9 Things I would do for 2007

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
First, I would cut or retire Marco Riveria, and get Steinbach OG from Bengals

Second, I would get a 3-4 defensive coordinator (one that knows the 3-4 defense inside and out if and only if Parcells stays; as you guys should be reading, Parcells said he would see what the cowboys needed to do, etc, but what did he just do? He contacted the Giants for their GM vacancy, that to me isnt dedication to get the cowboys to the superbowl, so i am somewhat disappointed in Parcells. I would also on 4-3 when we pass rush on 3rd and long, I would put Roy Williams at weak outside linebacker, and let him rush, play Elam at SS on 3rd and long or some other safety with Watkins, I still think Watkins is our answer at FS.

Third, I would get A... Thomas DE/LB from the Ravens in free agency

Fourth, dont get me wrong, I like Gramatica, but he is 32 and real little, I am sure all of you guys saw the DB that he hit when Romo fumbled the snap, barely, then that DB raced down and tackled Romo before he made the first down. To me if it was a bigger kicker, he could have knocked down that db, and he wouldnt have tackled Romo from behind. True, Romo probably would have been blasted at the one yard line, possibly, but he would have made a first down. The kicker from the Seahawks, I would get him. Remember last year we had a chance to get him for a 7th round draft choice. The only other answer I would have for keeping Gramitaca is having a kicking coach work with McBrair, and having him kickoff, he has a real powerful leg as you all know. That way Gramitaca can just kick field goals and extra points. I would also resign McBrair and not let him get away.

Fifth, real football experts say that the Cowboys unless they have a plan, had better keep TO, he spreads the defense, so we need to either keep TO or get a young fast WR either through draft or in a trade.

Sixth, Keyshawn Johnson said that he would come back and get out of his contract if Parcells stays. I would go get him for our 3rd WR, that way with Terry Glenn, TO and Keyshawn no one could stop us on offense. And with either Gramitaca or the kicker from Seahawks in free agency money we would have a power house offense with Steinbach OG at ROG>

Seventh, I would resign Colombo and Gurode, our only bright spots on offensive line, Colombo shoud be able to get a little stronger now working out in offseason etc, so I think he can still help us, he just got beat up during the season. Then with our 1st or 2nd round draft pick I would draft a OT-OG either Blaylock OG-OT from Texas or Levi Brown from NotreDame I think, or that young OT from Arkansas. I would also tell Flozell that either he gets a hearing aid installed so he can hear, or we trade him, or we play McQuistan some in his spot, when Flozell false steps, etc.

8th, I would trade Keith Davis, before he gets too happy and has another car incident, etc or shooting to New Orleans for a 3rd draft pick(hopefully we can get a 2nd round draft pick for Keith from Saints, but I doubt it, but Ido think we can get a 3rd. I think Sean Payton would take that, got to remember that Sean Payton offered him 2nd round draft money last year. Then, with that 3rd round draft pick, I would draft a young DB that can play safety and cornerback. There are some really good safeties this year, that will fall to 2nd, and 3rd round.

Finally, whatever money you had left over, use wisely and save that money for players that may be cut from a team during preseason or start of season.

We have reportedly 24.5 salary cap money next year, remember now, we had same money last year too, we got TO, Adoyle LB, Vanderjact, Kosier, so to me, we should be able if Parcells stays get Keyshawn Johnson, A Thomas LB/DE from ravens, Steninbach OG from Bengals, maybe kicker from Seahawks, he is like 26 or 27. Then save rest for any good older players that are cut in preseason or start of season.

Aikmaniac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I'm all for Keyshawn coming back. I actually missed his play this year.

Talk about drama though.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
If you get a third rounder for Keith Davis, you are Houdini.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
i thought the giants contacted parcells not him contacting the giants:confused: