A black flag

glimmerman

Reaction score
Hear me out. Refs are missing calls every game across the NFL. Why can’t the NFL implement a black flag.. Or any other color really. Give each team one a piece. When a terrible call or non call that’s obvious happens they can throw the flag for review. At least teams could change one bad or missed call. Maybe like challenge flags if you are correct you get one more. I don’t know but would be nice to have recourse on at least one play. Would not lengthen the game to much and could help the refs. The first time we played egirls that final play at the 5 inch line our TE was obviously being tackled before the ball got there. Ended the game. Then yesterday I saw it again. The guy totally grabbed the waist and turned the player way before the ball was there..

Just a thought..

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Keep the black flag reviews to 30 seconds max - that's more than enough time to view a video at least 5 times in order to make a decision.

bigE79

Reaction score
They need to be held accountable, period... this is a league wide problem that needs fixed,since the time gambling has been allowed,it's gotten worse,imo.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Hear me out. Refs are missing calls every game across the NFL. Why can’t the NFL implement a black flag.. Or any other color really. Give each team one a piece. When a terrible call or non call that’s obvious happens they can throw the flag for review. At least teams could change one bad or missed call. Maybe like challenge flags if you are correct you get one more. I don’t know but would be nice to have recourse on at least one play. Would not lengthen the game to much and could help the refs. The first time we played egirls that final play at the 5 inch line our TE was obviously being tackled before the ball got there. Ended the game. Then yesterday I saw it again. The guy totally grabbed the waist and turned the player way before the ball was there..

Just a thought..
The issue is in how games are officiating. It is one thing to say that the player stepped on the line or the ball was snapped in time. It is quite another to say that a player meets a set of subjective criteria to be considered a hold or pass interference.

One thing they definitely need to do is get rid of PI as a spot foul. I think it would be good for the game. It would encourage DBs to play more physical downfield but not in a way that guys are getting lit up.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score

Just a thought..
Not enough time for commercials if the league allowed that, just being real here.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Keep the black flag reviews to 30 seconds max - that's more than enough time to view a video at least 5 times in order to make a decision.
It would sniff out the obvious calls. When it blatant it won’t even take 30 seconds. Lol.

glimmerman

Reaction score
They need to be held accountable, period... this is a league wide problem that needs fixed,since the time gambling has been allowed,it's gotten worse,imo.
Maybe because gambling is allowed is the reason the black flag won’t be implemented.

links18

Reaction score
Just let players call their own fouls like in pick up basketball games--limit them to two a game. Maybe players will stop crying about the refs on social media after the game then.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Human error belongs in sports. I know that sounds rough but the NFL doesn’t want games longer. I just don’t know how realistic this is we tried to review PI calls and the refs refused to change their calls.

Brax

Reaction score

Just a thought..
And the first time it works against Dallas it will still be the refs are against them. Dak got the same roughing the passer a week or 2 ago, not a peep from all of you. Do refs miss calls, yes are there bad calls, yes they happen to all teams especially undisciplined teams.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well, they could have questioned the missed fumble but the coaching staff doesn't seem sharp enough to do that in time. That missed call was ridiculous.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I don’t think this would ever happen.

1) they tried it already with PI calls and it was a joke

2) opening up any penalty for review is dangerous as you in theory could call holding every single play of a game if you wanted to.

I think the real answer is the improve the quality of the refs, hire them full time, simplify the playbook where you can and see what you get. Maybe a sky judge could play a role somewhere too? I like that idea but adding more refs just means more flags and it starts to lessen the product.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Hire competent refs, they don’t even have to be full-time but make them go through rigorous training, the best get to call the games. Most importantly, hold them accountable and if they continually make bad calls, send them down to the minors :muttley:

I would like them to only call the blatantly obvious penalties, simplify the rulebook and let the players play and decide the games for themselves. The refs should be in the background like Bigfoot, not front and center every other play. Some of these games are unwatchable due to constant flagging, many of which were wrong or effected nothing for that particular play.

The judgement calls need to stop, the refs are human and can be influenced by many factors. Don’t get me started on PI calls where a very bad, underthrown ball is involved and all the receiver has to do is stop running and lean into the DB :angry:

DripTooHard

Reaction score
Oh but gambling is the reason why it won’t get addressed. It is the perfect tool for the NFL to control the games . Why would they give that up? The house always wins!