A couple of NFL Cowboys nuggets

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Truth is it was a complete team victory......Dak, defense and special team.

Grant Gordon's takeaways:

• Dak and Co. deliver in prime time for massive win. By air, ground and foot, Dallas rolled out to a dominant start on Sunday night and rode it to a huge victory. Dak Prescott captained his Cowboys to scores on each of their first four drives -- touchdown, field goal, TD, TD -- to take a resounding 24-6 lead into the locker room. Prescott's had shinier outings statistically, but he set the tone and led the way for a win that truly was one in which Dallas impressed in all phases. Led by Stephon Gilmore, the defense was suffocating, and kicker Brandon Aubrey penciled himself in for NFC Special Teams Player of the Week. Heavy is the helmet worn by the quarterback, though. In the face of defeat, Prescott has stood up to the scrutiny. Now, the Cowboys have won five straight, having scored at least 30 in each game while rising up into first place in the NFC East after a drubbing of the reigning division and conference champs. There’s been much adieu about Prescott’s current most valuable player campaign, and that without a victory versus the Eagles, he’d lose before the final votes were even sent in. Well, Prescott came up clutch and so too did the rest of his ‘Boys.

• Time for worry in Philly. The Cowboys aren’t strangers to blowout victories, and after Sunday, the Eagles are hardly foreign to blowout losses. A week after getting mollywhopped by the San Francisco 49ers, 42-19, Philly lost by 20 to its archrival. Lingering worries around the Eagles’ rush defense and rush offense continued to rear their heads, and Jalen Hurts struggled throughout, including being one of three Philadelphia players to lose a fumble. The Eagles would’ve clinched a playoff berth with a win on Sunday night; instead, they let the Cowboys jump up to first place in the NFC East. Philadelphia still has a path to the division title and the NFC’s top seed, but something must change. The Eagles didn’t score an offensive touchdown for the first time since their wild-card loss in the 2019 season. Philadelphia’s defense has been ravaged two weeks in a row by its fellow NFC heavyweights. There is cause for concern within the ranks of the reigning NFC champs.

Next Gen stat of the game: In his first game with the Eagles, linebacker Shaq Leonard played 17.8% (13) of his team’s defensive snaps and had two tackles. Leonard chose to sign with Philadelphia over Dallas.

NFL Research: The Cowboys became the first team in NFL history to score 30 or more points in each of their first seven home games in a season.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Throwing this in from Peter King's FMIA

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profo...-eagles-chiefs-ravens-fmia-week-14-peter-king

“It all starts with my confidence,” Prescott said from Texas 70 minutes after the game. “Where does the confidence come from? I credit for one the footwork of Mike McCarthy, the way that he’s been consistent in the footwork. I hit that back foot, and I’ve got the confidence to let it go because of the work we’ve put in in QB school going back to the offseason. Those [receivers] understand that I’m going to give them opportunities. On go balls, for instance, I’m putting the ball in the air and trusting them. It’s their job to run underneath and go make the catch. That’s what we did here.”

Last edited by a moderator:

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Coaching, imagine what a difference it makes. Now all we need is a real GM.