A Couple of questions

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
For those that make the Sigs/ and Videos

What software do you guys use to make the awseme highlight videos, and the great pictures.

I am looking to get into the media buisness, but i feel so noobish with these free programs, and i want to see what you guys use, so i can try to become more professional.

silverandblue

Reaction score
For videos, I use a combination of Window Movie Maker that is free. I have started using Sony Vegas Pro 8 (Still Learning it) For a professional look I would recomend Sony Vegas Pro

STAR GAZER

Benched
Reaction score
I started with Ulead Photo Impact (UPI). For the graphics work. Then changed to Photoshop after I got the hang of it.

As for the video, I did more or less the same thing. I started with Ulead Video Studio, and made the change to Sony Vegas Pro.

This approach was recommended to me, and rightfully so.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
It depends on what your plans are.

If you are doing graphic work, photoshop is a must. It is the best tool there is.

As far as videos go, for editing there are a ton of options, most importantly though what are your plans? Are you going to just edit some highlight videos for upload to the internet? If so you can use a number of programs, vegas, avid liquid or any of the 100 dollar editing software.

If you plan to edit stuff you recorded/filmed and have aspirations of editing down the road then go with Final cut pro or Avid express pro. They stopped making axp though and you now have to buy media composer. Its the best editing application on the planet. Its a professional tool, most of what you watch on tv and in the theater was cut on a media composer. So knowing how to use it is a tool for you.

and there are composting programs. Adobe after effects and Boris red are the options here. Both great and both expensive. Most editing programs have a number of compositing abilities and if you are just going to make highlight vids for the internet you probably can get away with that. Sony vegas has that. I think Final cut express and avid liquid have that too.

Good luck.