A couple random thoughts/questions

Kellsbells

Reaction score
Just some things I’ve been thinking about (don’t take it too seriously, it’s just for fun. If you think it’s stupid, just move on to the next thread):

1. Defensive and offensive players of the year - do you think it’s possible to win either of these without ever being name player of the week, or is the conversation basically limited to those players? Anyone know what has happened historically?

2. Extreme hypothetical, just for fun - the Jets were picked by some to go all the way this year. Rodgers goes down and they are AWFUL. Yet, they aren’t completely out of it. If he can SOMEHOW get back in December, and they can SOMEHOW get into the playoffs or further, does that make him the MVP, even if he only plays a few games?

Flamma

Reaction score
Just some things I’ve been thinking about (don’t take it too seriously, it’s just for fun. If you think it’s stupid, just move on to the next thread):

1. Defensive and offensive players of the year - do you think it’s possible to win either of these without ever being name player of the week, or is the conversation basically limited to those players? Anyone know what has happened historically?

2. Extreme hypothetical, just for fun - the Jets were picked by some to go all the way this year. Rodgers goes down and they are AWFUL. Yet, they aren’t completely out of it. If he can SOMEHOW get back in December, and they can SOMEHOW get into the playoffs or further, does that make him the MVP, even if he only plays a few games?
1. I didn't even know there was such a thing as player of the week. I can't answer that question.

2. Probably not. I don't think the MVP includes playoffs. If he comes back and wins every game and they make the playoffs looking like the best offense in the league, should they consider him? Because he would fit the strict definition of MVP. But I'd have to guess no.