A Few Things...

shnagy

Reaction score
That I wanted to point out:

1) Even though we lost, we did have a lot less penalties than the previous games (even though one of the penalties cost us big time). That's a positive.

2) I love the way that Marion Barber treats getting a first down like getting a touchdown. He frequently dives for the first down line like he would if he were diving into the end zone. I love the intensity.

3) People say that Romo had a bad game against the Skins, but he did throw for 300 yards and 3 TD's.

Velvet Jones

Reaction score
1) The entire officiating crew threw less flags. Some crews are more flag happy than others. It was nice to see but I would like to see it more often.

2) Keep in mind that crossing a goal line is differnet. Once you break the line, it is a TD even if you fumble. A 1st down is not the same. If he stretches and gets the ball taken away, that is a turn over.

3) Romo did have a bad day against the skins.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
In game 1 we started Cory Proctor and he played well. He played well in game 2. In game 3 Kosier was back, maybe too soon, and Proctor was no longer getting to showcase himself. Before game 4 when I learned he would be back at LG I was concerned. Why after he had played decently in his 2 games?

In those games he had to play as if he was getting his shot at the brass ring. This time he knows he's in there not to get his shot, but to keep the position warm until Kosier returns again.

I'd rather see what Holland can do than put Proctor back out there.

No matter who is out there though, I want us to run the ball because the intensity from Barber that you mentioned is exactly what the Doctor ordered for this team.

shnagy

Reaction score
Velvet Jones;2303261 said:
1) The entire officiating crew threw less flags. Some crews are more flag happy than others. It was nice to see but I would like to see it more often.

2) Keep in mind that crossing a goal line is differnet. Once you break the line, it is a TD even if you fumble. A 1st down is not the same. If he stretches and gets the ball taken away, that is a turn over.

3) Romo did have a bad day against the skins.

1) 3 penalties for 15 yards is a great improvement. Say what you want but they did play a bit more disciplined against the Skins.

2) I didn't say he was stretching out the ball. I said he was diving for it. Two different things.

3) Give me a break. For a one-dimensional offense, I think he did pretty good. Wasn't as accurate as he usually is. Wasn't his best day, but not a bad day.

Velvet Jones

Reaction score
Just saying that the crew in general was not a flag happy crew. It was an improvement but I will wait until we do it week in and out before I throw my panties at Hocoli.

No, you said that he dives for it as if he is diving for a TD. In those cases, he stretches, as does everyone, to get the ball to break the line. I saw him do it for a 1st and I didn't like it. Now I do love how he wants to cross the markers with every catch and he punishes people. I absolutely love that and if that is what you meant then I agree.

Don't be so sensitive. Romo had a bad day. That is still a great day for the Andersons and the Ferottes. But Romo was behind on a couple and changed the plays and he did effect the outcome of the game. That said, I would choose Romo over ANYONE in the National Football League. But Romo had an off day. They happen.

PBJTime

Semper Fidelis
Reaction score
Velvet Jones;2303320 said:
Just saying that the crew in general was not a flag happy crew. It was an improvement but I will wait until we do it week in and out before I throw my panties at Hocoli.

No, you said that he dives for it as if he is diving for a TD. In those cases, he stretches, as does everyone, to get the ball to break the line. I saw him do it for a 1st and I didn't like it. Now I do love how he wants to cross the markers with every catch and he punishes people. I absolutely love that and if that is what you meant then I agree.

Don't be so sensitive. Romo had a bad day. That is still a great day for the Andersons and the Ferottes. But Romo was behind on a couple and changed the plays and he did effect the outcome of the game. That said, I would choose Romo over ANYONE in the National Football League. But Romo had an off day. They happen.

I think many QB's would love to have that kind of "off" day. 60% completion percentage...yeah, he was terribly inaccurate.:rolleyes:

Velvet Jones

Reaction score
PBJTime;2303326 said:
I think many QB's would love to have that kind of "off" day. 60% completion percentage...yeah, he was terribly inaccurate.:rolleyes:

Haven't you heard? He is already ring shopping with Jessica. You can get your face out of his backside now :) Seriously, didn't I just finish saying that he had a good day compaired to others. But he had an off day. Anyone saying he didn't really needs to wake up and realize that they have no shot at dating the guy. He isn't going to knock on your door at 3am wondering if you want to go parking. He was outplayed by Campbell. Normally, that wouldn't happen... thus, he had an off day. It isn't rocket science. Stop licking the Romo swimsuit calendar you have above your bed and read ;)

Kilyin

Reaction score
There was a play where Jon Jansen moved at least a full second or two before the snap and there was no flag. Then there was the Pacman facemask literally in front of a ref. Moss did the spike/spin the ball after he burned Newman for a big gainer. These refs didn't seem like they wanted to throw a flag.

I'm sure there were some they could've called us for as well.

Velvet Jones

Reaction score
Kilyin;2303362 said:
There was a play where Jon Jansen moved at least a full second or two before the snap and there was no flag. Then there was the Pacman facemask literally in front of a ref. Moss did the spike/spin the ball after he burned Newman for a big gainer. These refs didn't seem like they wanted to throw a flag.

I'm sure there were some they could've called us for as well.

Wasn't there one where our left edge was almost behind their lineman before the ball was even hiked? I don't remember much too clear about the game because of the red haze I was seeing everything in. Lol.

shnagy

Reaction score
Velvet Jones;2303352 said:
Haven't you heard? He is already ring shopping with Jessica. You can get your face out of his backside now :) Seriously, didn't I just finish saying that he had a good day compaired to others. But he had an off day. Anyone saying he didn't really needs to wake up and realize that they have no shot at dating the guy. He isn't going to knock on your door at 3am wondering if you want to go parking. He was outplayed by Campbell. Normally, that wouldn't happen... thus, he had an off day. It isn't rocket science. Stop licking the Romo swimsuit calendar you have above your bed and read ;)

You weren't supposed to tell anyone! :) But seriously, for TO being somewhat of a non-factor and the non-existent running game, how can you call that a bad day? Sure he was off on some throws but he can't be perfect.

shnagy

Reaction score
Velvet Jones;2303320 said:

I was referring to the way a player would dive over a pile. Didn't say anything about stretching. Besides, he has yet to lose a fumble doing this. I'll leave it at that.

Velvet Jones

Reaction score
shnagy;2303390 said:
You weren't supposed to tell anyone! :) But seriously, for TO being somewhat of a non-factor and the non-existent running game, how can you call that a bad day? Sure he was off on some throws but he can't be perfect.

I am including the 15 or so running plays that he suppossedly changed at the line. I am inluding his average being something like 6.4 instead of his usual (I would hate to come up with a number off the top of my head. Does anyone know what his yards per attempt has been the first three games?

shnagy;2303390 said:
I was referring to the way a player would dive over a pile. Didn't say anything about stretching. Besides, he has yet to lose a fumble doing this. I'll leave it at that.

I understand. And it may be a misunderstanding. I just feel that not fumbling it doesn't make it right. I am all for his style of running and his passion. I love it. I would prefer not to see him do that again.

shnagy

Reaction score
Velvet Jones;2303457 said:
I am including the 15 or so running plays that he suppossedly changed at the line. I am inluding his average being something like 6.4 instead of his usual (I would hate to come up with a number off the top of my head. Does anyone know what his yards per attempt has been the first three games?

I understand. And it may be a misunderstanding. I just feel that not fumbling it doesn't make it right. I am all for his style of running and his passion. I love it. I would prefer not to see him do that again.

Okay, I'll give you that. Still though, he had good numbers from a supposedly bad game. Most of the time when a team puts of 24 points, they will win. Just wasn't the case Sunday.

Velvet Jones

Reaction score
I did kinda pee in your cheerios with my first post, didn't I? Lol ;)

300 yards, 3 TD's and 1 int. looks great on paper. And for the record, I would absolutely love for these games to be the worst that we see from Romo this year. Lol.

shnagy

Reaction score
Velvet Jones;2303473 said:
I did kinda pee in your cheerios with my first post, didn't I? Lol ;)

300 yards, 3 TD's and 1 int. looks great on paper. And for the record, I would absolutely love for these games to be the worst that we see from Romo this year. Lol.

Lol That would be great. No 5 int games (even though it made for a great game) and I will be happy.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
I love the way Barber gets extra yardage. He's gotten 3-5 yards more by stretching out that way on the way down. Hard to find fault with a guy who goes all out, keeps his mouth shut and leads by example.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
shnagy;2303243 said:
That I wanted to point out:

1) Even though we lost, we did have a lot less penalties than the previous games (even though one of the penalties cost us big time). That's a positive.

2) I love the way that Marion Barber treats getting a first down like getting a touchdown. He frequently dives for the first down line like he would if he were diving into the end zone. I love the intensity.

3) People say that Romo had a bad game against the Skins, but he did throw for 300 yards and 3 TD's.

Perhaps I'm a pessimistic "glass is half empty" kinda guy, but I see it this way:

1) Penalties - We often have quite a bit of false start and holding penalties on offense, and some defensive PI calls. Well, our offense wasn't on the field long enough during the game to commit lots of false start and holding penalties. The Commanders had the ball for over 38 minutes.

On defense, we let Campbell complete long bombs instead of committing our "customary" pass interferences. Not really much difference versus a PI call. In fact, I would prefer the PI because it at least means that we are sending corners out on the field that have pulses.

2) Barber - it's been discussed over and over again...he needs to get more touches, enuff said.

3) Romo - A fair amount of his yards and 1 TD came on the last scoring drive, when the skins looked like they were in prevent mode. He had a bad day when it mattered the most.