CFZ A few thoughts about the Cowboys

Verdict

Reaction score
1. This team dropped the ball when it drafted Schoonmaker instead of an OL in round 2.

2. Tyron is done. I don’t know why we even pretend he has anything left.

3. Steele is playing horrible almost every week. This is looking like a HORRIBLE signing at the present time.

4. Our running game is anemic and that’s being kind. That is partly on the players and partly scheme. It seems like we don’t know how to call a running play off tackle.

5. We need to STOP lining up in the neutral zone on defense. Whether it’s accidental or a plan. Just STOP.

6. I had no idea that losing Diggs would hurt this defense so badly.

7. You can pretty much scrap every offensive lineman other than Tyler Smith. The rest of them can go pound sand including Martin for his cap hit.

8. Gallup is a waste of cap space and roster spot.

9. Without Lamb this team doesn’t win 5 games.

10. I would be looking to improve at RB in the offseason. TP cost himself a lot of money by not signing a long term deal.

11. Dak is playing MUCH better but he still does Dak things that cost you games even when he is playing well.

12. Parsons is being misused.

13. Tank belongs on a milk carton.

14. At some point this team MUST start supplementing the draft with free agency or trades.

tayloner

Reaction score
#2 is crazy to me, Tyron was really really good today overall. Unfortunately, he wasn't as good as Steele was bad.

Cowboysheelsreds058

Reaction score
1. This team dropped the ball when it drafted Schoonmaker instead of an OL in round 2.

3. Steele is playing horrible almost every week. This is looking like a HORRIBLE signing at the present time.

4. Our running game is anemic and that’s being kind. That is partly on the players and partly scheme. It seems like we don’t know how to call a running play off tackle.

5. We need to STOP lining up in the neutral zone on defense. Whether it’s accidental or a plan. Just STOP.

7. You can pretty much scrap every offensive lineman other than Tyler Smith. The rest of them can go pound sand including Martin for his cap hit.

10. I would be looking to improve at RB in the offseason. TP cost himself a lot of money by not signing a long term deal.

11. Dak is playing MUCH better but he still does Dak things that cost you games even when he is playing well.

14. At some point this team MUST start supplementing the draft with free agency or trades.

The Verdict! you nailed it like Bob “Purple Haze” does on this post.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score

We don't do meaningful free agency.
It's too complicated for our family run amateur front office.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Some right some wrong.

Also, no mention of horrible offensive scheme or very questionable play calling.

ICP

Reaction score
We don't do meaningful free agency.
It's too complicated for our family run amateur front office.
Yeah, the front office motto 'Keep it simple stupid'. Could you imagine Jerruh trying to overpay the guys he drafts as well as the free agents he would sign?!

NeathBlue

Reaction score
Our running game is horrible… If it’s the fault of the OL or the RB’s (or both), we ain’t winning consistently until it gets fixed, and sadly that’s not going to happen this season.
If we’d had a power back, we likely would have scored a touchdown instead of coming up short at the one yard line.

Strykerscm

Reaction score
I cannot remember the last time tank Lawrence got his name called.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Yeah, the front office motto 'Keep it simple stupid'. Could you imagine Jerruh trying to overpay the guys he drafts as well as the free agents he would sign?!
Scary indeed!
Play it safe and stay relevant is our
New slogan.

Reactions: ICP

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
Soon were going to make a thread for bringing back Kellen Moore.

plymkr

Reaction score
What is DLaw’s contract status? Can we cut him after this season? Also what could we get for a Zack Martin trade? Is trading Martin possible with his salary and contract?

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Lawrence is not being mentioned, but he is playing okay.
Lewis and Gilmore couldn't find their names on your fault finding list?