CFZ A few thoughts and observations regarding who and where we are as a team

Verdict

Reaction score
1. Dak got off to his typical slow start and overthrowing receivers that were open early. This is Dak’s MO in big games. He fails to elevate his team in a big game. Dak “might be” a top 10 QB part of the time but he’s never going to win you a SB against a clearly better team. He still sees the field poorly. You can lay a little bit if Dak’s failures on the play calling but he’s just a bus driver.

2. MM is a better game manager than KM by a long shot, but SO FAR he’s not an innovator OR he is an innovator but he doesn’t trust Dak to run the innovative plays.

3. The defense has played really well and I think it’s an elite defense, but DQ laid an egg today. He is going to have to figure out what to do with Parsons AND maintain gap integrity (complete failure at times). Poor job of that today.

3. Tank was a no show today. He belongs on the back of a milk carton. Not worth his salary.

4. CMC is a tier above any RB we have on the roster.

5. Defensively we SUCK at defending wheel routes and tight ends. It’s like we have no idea what to do with either one of them.

6. Hankins seems to be WAY ahead of Mazie Smith. Hopefully the kid will eventually be a baller. But he doesn’t seem to be a big factor right now. I still give the team props for having the pills to draft a DT high, finally.

7. Schoonmaker was a poor selection in the second round. How much better would this team be if we had gone OL, LB or RB (Achane) with that second round pick?

8. Sounds like when we lost our 3rd round pick (Overahown) it cost this defense some significant upside.

9. Depending on Tyron Smith is NOT a plan. It is a waste of a roster space.

10. If Dallas intends to a run at the SB this year, they will have to make a trade or two by the trade deadline, but I’m not sure that’s a good idea. As presently constructed this team is good enough to make the playoffs but might get bumped in the first round again.

11. As good as our coaching has been all year long, it sure seemed lacking today all the way around.

12. Purdy’s ability to see the field and deliver the ball ON TIME hitting the receiver in stride is FAR SUPERIOR to Dak and Purdy is making the minimum salary.

13. I would move on from Tyron Smith, Zack Martin (for contract reasons and draft picks), Gallup, Cooks (because we have no idea how to use him) and look to improve at QB either through developing a QB or drafting one.

Dak is unfortunately probably not the answer. He can win you a SB on a low rent contract but not on an MVP caliber contract.

Let me be clear, this is not all Dak’s fault and Dak doesn’t “suck” but he’s not going to carry this team anywhere and his contract isn’t helping matters at all.

NotForLong

Reaction score
1. Dak got off to his typical slow start and overthrowing receivers that were open early. This is Dak’s MO in big games. He fails to elevate his team in a big game. Dak “might be” a top 10 QB part of the time but he’s never going to win you a SB against a clearly better team. He still sees the field poorly. You can lay a little bit if Dak’s failures on the play calling but he’s just a bus driver.

2. MM is a better game manager than KM by a long shot, but SO FAR he’s not an innovator OR he is an innovator but he doesn’t trust Dak to run the innovative plays.

3. The defense has played really well and I think it’s an elite defense, but DQ laid an egg today. He is going to have to figure out what to do with Parsons AND maintain gap integrity (complete failure at times). Poor job of that today.

3. Tank was a no show today. He belongs on the back of a milk carton. Not worth his salary.

5. Defensively we SUCK at defending wheel routes and tight ends. It’s like we have no idea what to do with either one of them.

6. Hankins seems to be WAY ahead of Mazie Smith. Hopefully the kid will eventually be a baller. But he doesn’t seem to be a big factor right now. I still give the team props for having the pills to draft a DT high, finally.

7. Schoonmaker was a poor selection in the second round. How much better would this team be if we had gone OL, LB or RB (Achane) with that second round pick?

8. Sounds like when we lost our 3rd round pick (Overahown) it cost this defense some significant upside.

10. If Dallas intends to a run at the SB this year, they will have to make a trade or two by the trade deadline, but I’m not sure that’s a good idea. As presently constructed this team is good enough to make the playoffs but might get bumped in the first round again.

11. As good as our coaching has been all year long, it sure seemed lacking today all the way around.

12. Purdy’s ability to see the field and deliver the ball ON TIME hitting the receiver in stride is FAR SUPERIOR to Dak and Purdy is making the minimum salary.

13. I would move on from Tyron Smith, Zack Martin (for contract reasons and draft picks), Gallup, Cooks (because we have no idea how to use him) and look to improve at QB either through developing a QB or drafting one.

Dak is unfortunately probably not the answer. He can win you a SB on a low rent contract but not on an MVP caliber contract.

Let me be clear, this is not all Dak’s fault and Dak doesn’t “suck” but he’s not going to carry this team anywhere and his contract isn’t helping matters at all.
To me this is all Dak's Fault and he most definitely Sucks and should be the 1st 60 million dollar Bench Warmer

diamonddelts

Reaction score

You heard me until you mentioned super bowl run. This flawed team can't beat Kent State in the Chickfila bowl.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

I agree to everything except for Purdy making minimum salary. there was a time Dak made minimum salary. so if Purdy continues to play like this, after next year, is going to be around 55M year QB. at this point, draft status and money is irrelevant.

my question is how did 31 teams passed on this kid for 7 rounds! and then niners got him and he was 3rd stringer and only got to play after injury to others....sounds familiar.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Both? What I am seeing is a very bland, simple, conservative offense that screams they have no trust in the QB. But there also aren't any innovations being made to try to mask his faults.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Both? What I am seeing is a very bland, simple, conservative offense that screams they have no trust in the QB. But there also aren't any innovations being made to try to mask his faults.
mike has seen dak in practice and in games, why would he trust him? He said he likes smart qb's.

StarOfGlory

Reaction score

Having someone as good as Cooks and not knowing how to use him is a huge marker against MM. How do you obtain a player that has put up six 1000-yd seasons and only target him four times last night? He is getting about five targets per game this year. That is on coaching. What makes it worse for me is watching what Philly did with A.J. Brown. No issues getting him involved in the offense from day one. 1496 yards last year and on pace for over 1500 yards this year. Can it be true that the meth head-looking clown in Philly is better at using personnel than our Super Bowl-winning veteran coach? I sure as hell hope not.

John813

Reaction score
1. Dak just seemed to be rattled from the get go. Passes were high, and he never stepped up
6. Mazi got 22 snaps, but I would guess a majority of those came in the 4th in extreme garbage time. They gave Hankins a lot of snaps probably due to the threat of the 49ers run game but outside of those two deflections he offered nothing in the pass rush. And if Mazi can't develop any pass rush technique I can't see him every really being used more than a 3rd of the time. The game has moved on from pluggers. Hopefully, they can get him to develop more, cause now he's just a raw big body out there.
7. It's looking like a pick where they simply picked for "need" and not BPA. Yet, Ferguson is showing he's at least in that above average range. Running a 2TE set is great when both are threats to catch/do something with the ball. But right now Schoon is just taking away snaps from a 3rd WR, which would provide way more of an impact.
13. With the new deal to Martin, he isn't going anywhere for a few more years.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score

The biggest problem is at GM.
We have an amatuer running the team, and their is just no way the team can overcome that dysfunctional situation.
Its been 28 years since this team has had any real playoff success.
You think that's a coincidence ?

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
i know jerry sucks as the gm of this team but the players and coaches all suck also if they make the playoffs they will be one and done they will be a wild card team at best

Pola_pe_a

Reaction score
It’s the same O as he ran in GB he just doesn’t have a HOF QB to run it.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
The biggest problem is at GM.
We have an amatuer running the team, and their is just no way the team can overcome that dysfunctional situation.
Its been 28 years since this team has had any real playoff success.
You think that's a coincidence ?
Correction: We have a part-time amateur at GM. It would be one thing if Jerry were at least dedicated and just bad at his job. Instead we get the bad at his job part paired with nowhere near the dedication it takes to be a good NFL GM.

J_Allen

Reaction score
This team needs to STOP taking tight ends in the second round. It's a waste. We already had Jake Ferguson and Hendershot.

How many drops does Schoonmaker have this year?

sunalsorises

Reaction score
This is a nice take out an Uzi and spray blame thread. When a team loses 42-10 it is hard to say anyone played well. There is lot of season left. Dallas is pretty much done with any hope of a #1 seed at this point and probably won't win the division either. Maybe they can build momentum in the 12 remaining games and be a hot road team in the playoffs.