A great story that should be shared on this Sunday

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Fox commentators, during the Saint's/Panther's game were talking about Saint's TE Ernie Conwell's generosity when he saw a couple in a store that had lost just about everything in the hurricane, including both their engagement rings. Mr. Conwell walked up to the couple and began to talk with them. After awhile, Mr. Conwell bought the couple two new engagement rings and was moved to tears when the couple tried to offer what little money they had in exchange for his generosity.

Now that is truly a great story to be shared on this Sunday. Especially since football, and even the Cowboys have become secondary in my life. We should all be thankful to God for our health and our loved ones.

SPHawk

Reaction score
I heard it not to long ago watching the Saints game....Very touching story. The guy has my respect.

EndGame

Reaction score
Nice story, but I'm curious about one point. Why did they have two engagement rings?

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
I heard that earlier on ESPN. Great story.

yesfan

Reaction score
That's a good man there.Those are the kind of people the
kids should look up to.More role models needed.

Kilyin

Reaction score
EndGame said:
Nice story, but I'm curious about one point. Why did they have two engagement rings?

Good question, maybe one was a promise ring.

Arch Stanton

it was the grave marked unknown right beside
Reaction score
Fletch said:
Fox commentators, during the Saint's/Panther's game were talking about Saint's TE Ernie Conwell's generosity when he saw a couple in a store that had lost just about everything in the hurricane, including both their engagement rings. Mr. Conwell walked up to the couple and began to talk with them. After awhile, Mr. Conwell bought the couple two new engagement rings and was moved to tears when the couple tried to offer what little money they had in exchange for his generosity.

Now that is truly a great story to be shared on this Sunday. Especially since football, and even the Cowboys have become secondary in my life. We should all be thankful to God for our health and our loved ones.

Nice story Fletch. I hope all is well with your girlfriend. I know she's not been well recently.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Arch Stanton said:
Nice story Fletch. I hope all is well with your girlfriend. I know she's not been well recently.

Thank you Arch! Very much appreciated.

Texas33

Reaction score
nice of that Carolina player to break his jaw on that hit....but it was a great gesture on his part to buy those rings...

jksmith269

Proud Navy Veteran 1990-1995
Reaction score
EndGame said:
I'd say one for him and her. I know its not common but some women buy the guy an engagement ring as well.