A little OT for this board...

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
And if a mod chooses to move it to a more appropriate forum, it's OK with me...

When I got to work tonight, the hotel was full, but for one reservation...

Guy by the name of Patrick Ramsey...

Now, I know that's not the most uncommon name in the world, but I do live in the Shenandoah Valley, and this room is guaranteed by a restaurant nearing completion across the street from us, part of a chain called "Glory Days", a sports-themed restaurant...

They look close to ready to open, and I wonder if they might have hired the Skins' QB to do a promotional appearance...

If it is indeed the Skins' QB, I'll have to resist the urge to give him a little grief, LOL...

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
silverbear said:
And if a mod chooses to move it to a more appropriate forum, it's OK with me...

When I got to work tonight, the hotel was full, but for one reservation...

Guy by the name of Patrick Ramsey...

Now, I know that's not the most uncommon name in the world, but I do live in the Shenandoah Valley, and this room is guaranteed by a restaurant nearing completion across the street from us, part of a chain called "Glory Days", a sports-themed restaurant...

They look close to ready to open, and I wonder if they might have hired the Skins' QB to do a promotional appearance...

If it is indeed the Skins' QB, I'll have to resist the urge to give him a little grief, LOL...
I like Ramsey. He grew up a Cowboys fan (tip from his brother on extremeskins). I respect anyone who can take that kind of pounding and not whine. Thought he was taken too early and think he's probably a career backup now.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
Hostile said:
I like Ramsey. He grew up a Cowboys fan (tip from his brother on extremeskins). I respect anyone who can take that kind of pounding and not whine. Thought he was taken too early and think he's probably a career backup now.

Looks like it may indeed be THAT Patrick Ramsey... I just talked with the night auditor at the Hampton Inn across the street from us, and he said that he'd read in the Winchester paper (presumably, in an article talking about the new restaurant) that Ramsey is a spokesman for the chain...

I think of him as a Timex, too (takes a licking and keeps on ticking)...

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
silverbear said:
Looks like it may indeed be THAT Patrick Ramsey... I just talked with the night auditor at the Hampton Inn across the street from us, and he said that he'd read in the Winchester paper (presumably, in an article talking about the new restaurant) that Ramsey is a spokesman for the chain...

I think of him as a Timex, too (takes a licking and keeps on ticking)...
He could as a starter eventually. I think he needs a mentor. Not sure Brunnell qualifies.

Reaction score
Yeah, that was Hasselbeck, though we did pound Ramsey into the ground the skins game before that with like 5 sacks or something. That's probably what the guy above was thinking about. The Hasselbeck game was when Newman picked him 3 times.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
I have some respect for Ramsey and I think he could end up being a good QB... I just hope it isn't for the Commanders.

Of course, if he does pan out, then that means Washington wasted a pick on Campbell this year, so I suppose that wouldn't be too bad.

If he doesn't pan out that means they wasted the number 1 from when they drafted Ramsey.

Gent

Reaction score
Poor Ramsey, the Commander's front office hates him so much they spent 3 draft picks on Jason Campbell. And you know Snyder is gonna lean hard on Gibbs to play the rookie this year.

-Gent

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
Hey Silverbear... you talking about Winchester, VA?

I have tons of family there.

I visit often.