A month from today

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
The Cowboys will have their first Pre-Season game against the Oakland Raiders.

So get yourselves prepared for the fan over reactions. The Zone never disapoints on that.

Some battles to look forward to in camp are:

Jenkins vs Scandrick

Crayton vs Austin

Hurd & Stanback vs Rookies / Michael Irvins mystery guy

Holland vs Kosier

Will Pat Watkins make the cut?

And my favorite part about Training Camp / Preseason is we will get to watch Stephen McGee develop.

Four

Reaction score
Good lord the year has gone by really fast for me, hard to believe we are this close to football again...

I don't think the team will be too much different than last season, minus the replacement guys.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
CATCH17;2840267 said:
The Cowboys will have their first Pre-Season game against the Oakland Raiders.

So get yourselves prepared for the fan over reactions. The Zone never disapoints on that.

Some battles to look forward to in camp are:

Jenkins vs Scandrick

Crayton vs Austin

Hurd & Stanback vs Rookies / Michael Irvins mystery guy

Holland vs Kosier

Will Pat Watkins make the cut?

And my favorite part about Training Camp / Preseason is we will get to watch Stephen McGee develop.

He will either wind up being a GOAT or we will have people considering having him start the first time romo has a bad game...all based on the pre-season games.

Gotta love the fans.

But with the sarcam put away, I am looking forward to the preseason and one of the areas I will be interested to see is if the ST has improved much...still preseason but I think we might get to see a little glimpse of improvement Hope Hope.:laugh2:

On a completely unrelated note, your avatar cracks me up, I just picture the play maker doing a Ric Flair immitation.

Four

Reaction score
oh ya, I want to see how coach D is doing with his injury, I haven't heard too much about him in a while it seems.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;2840276 said:
He will either wind up being a GOAT or we will have people considering having him start the first time romo has a bad game...all based on the pre-season games.

Gotta love the fans.

But with the sarcam put away, I am looking forward to the preseason and one of the areas I will be interested to see is if the ST has improved much...still preseason but I think we might get to see a little glimpse of improvement Hope Hope.:laugh2:

On a completely unrelated note, your avatar cracks me up, I just picture the play maker doing a Ric Flair immitation.

Oh the very second Mcgee was drafted the little seed started to germinate and now its going to be planted.

Dallas fans love a good QB controversy and usually the backup guy is who the fans love.

Im interested in watching him develop. If he is the natural passer that everyone claims he is than we could have a steal.

Maybe some trade bait too.

Im excited about Jason Williams too. That guy has a lot of talent and hopefully he can erase the mistake that is Bobby C.

Funxva

Inventor of the Whizzinator
Reaction score
I know it's getting close to time for Football when my DirecTV bill skyrockets. :D

ArmyCowboy

Reaction score
Let McGee throw four completions in a row and a TD in the first preseason game and it will be on, just watch. :banghead:

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Four;2840275 said:
Good lord the year has gone by really fast for me, hard to believe we are this close to football again...

Speak for yourself. This has been a looooong offseason. It started with the Reeves flap and is now in the final dogdays stretch run.

I don't think the team will be too much different than last season, minus the replacement guys.

I think it will be a lot different in terms of attitude. Maybe wishful thinking, but perhaps last year humbled some big egos.

Alexander

Reaction score
Funxva;2840317 said:
I know it's getting close to time for Football when my DirecTV bill skyrockets. :D

Did you get anything free from them this year? It seems every year it has gotten worse. Last year was some silly foam finger. This year, nothing but a "gamebook" which wants me to spend ANOTHER $20 for the Superfan upgrade. You'd think they would have some sort of loyalty discount or something.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
And that final month can't get here fast enough. This offseason has sucked! It's drug on, and on, and on, and on.

Dodger

Indomitable
Reaction score
Look at it this way - 2 weeks to training camp.

Aaahh.

That's better.

Funxva

Reaction score
Alexander;2840360 said:
Did you get anything free from them this year? It seems every year it has gotten worse. Last year was some silly foam finger. This year, nothing but a "gamebook" which wants me to spend ANOTHER $20 for the Superfan upgrade. You'd think they would have some sort of loyalty discount or something.

I got an automagic renewal, so I think SuperFan came with it this year. I will check.

*EDIT* Yep, just checked and SuperFan got included at no cost. Perhaps you can use that when you call?

Funxva

Reaction score
superpunk;2840378 said:
This is when it really hits home.

I just hope the Cowboys are worth it this year. It was pretty frustrating still paying for the Service after the early exit.

Four

Reaction score
Alexander;2840358 said:
Speak for yourself. This has been a looooong offseason. It started with the Reeves flap and is now in the final dogdays stretch run.

ya I went back to school last spring so time is moving way way faster for me these days

Alexander

Reaction score
Funxva;2840383 said:
I got an automagic renewal, so I think SuperFan came with it this year. I will check.

*EDIT* Yep, just checked and SuperFan got included at no cost. Perhaps you can use that when you call?

I have automatic renewal, I think. Really I just do nothing as I have always done and they keep on billing me.

How did you check? Is it on the bill or did you have to call and threaten to cut it off to get it free?

AMERICAS_FAN

Reaction score
And the biggest battle to look out for:

Greg Ellis vs. Al Davis over his contractual pay. :laugh2:

Alexander

Reaction score
AMERICAS_FAN;2840411 said:
And the biggest battle to look out for:

Greg Ellis vs. Al Davis over his contractual pay. :laugh2:

Davis might be senile, but I don't think he's going to play the same game with Ellis that Jones did. Ellis will realize how good he had in with Jones who was much more generous with him that he should have been. I strongly doubt he's a Raider in 2010.

Funxva

Reaction score
Alexander;2840403 said:
I have automatic renewal, I think. Really I just do nothing as I have always done and they keep on billing me.

How did you check? Is it on the bill or did you have to call and threaten to cut it off to get it free?

Go online to their website and view your packages, it should list the Sunday Ticket among them.