A new version of all in?

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Unfortunately, with Dallas restructuring Dak's contract the Cowboys will probably extend his contract. Hopefully, Dallas picks a qb in the draft and in a year has tremendous upside.
If Dak gets injured we have a chance.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
They are not going all in. They have made 2 really good trades. They look at this all the time. Hell they tried getting cooks last year but houston overvalued the deal and when they couldn't get more in the offsrason the price dropped greatly. This is the same stuff they try to do every year. Going all in means they would have seriously taken a look at the best DT at the start of free agency. They know it was a need last year, hence the trade for hankins, and its still a need.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
I'm not buying the Cowboys are "all-in" in the first place. How can you be all-in with Dak at QB? Sure, they are paying the "all-in" QB price to have Dak but he's not the guy to get the job done. He's capable of getting us 12 wins every regular season but the oddity to that is the losses will be games we should have won. He'll get us to the playoffs but he's not capable of stringing wins together in the playoffs. If my team is all-in then they should have a legitimate chance to go all the way but thanks to Dak, that's just not possible. I don't see Dak ever winning a Conference title for the Cowboys. Long story short, with Dak, we're not really "all-in". ;)

Agreed

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
"All in" involves risk and I do not see much risk on their part so far.

They haven't sacrificed the future like the Rams did but that was a very different situation.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
i think i get what you are saying....using draft capital to get players that can start now but on 1-2 year deals, signing as much of our core as possible and avoiding bad contracts that mortgage the future....its working because teams are now focused on offloading big contracts when they are in rebuild mode more so than has been seen in years past. Luckily, the cowboys are not sitting idle but i dont think they are doing something revolutionary
For this club, it is revolutionary.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
Usually all in means spend whatever to go for it this year. Then inside of two years trade or rehash a pro bowler to get under the cap. We’re possibly going all in but in a way that allows us to have a healthy cap . If it works. the rest of the league will copy.
The Cowboys aren't doing anything unusual this offseason. They're signing some mid tier signings, and just chugging along.

They aren't splitting the atom or inventing the wheel or anything

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Usually all in means spend whatever to go for it this year. Then inside of two years trade or rehash a pro bowler to get under the cap. We’re possibly going all in but in a way that allows us to have a healthy cap . If it works. the rest of the league will copy.
The league is always copying the Cowboys model. Only place jerrys is too stubborn to change has been coaching. But it seems like he's given MM the reigns.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
"All in" is a sliding scale that depends on where you're starting. If we ignore that elephant sitting over there in the corner, this team is in a good position to go all in with relatively little risk. Beef up the middle of the defense and add a playmaker at TE and take your shots the next couple of seasons. It's now or never for Jerry. I can't imagine he doesn't know that himself.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
what?

the cowboys are improving their team with smart signings and trades. teams do it all the time. It’s just that Jerry has rarely done it.