A note on the Felix/Mendenhall decision

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
zrinkill;2060931 said:
Tony Romo is gonna love having this kid in the backfield ...... he is gonna be a hell of a weapon when Romo starts his usual add libbing.

If they can get on the same wave length it will be an absolute nightmare for opposing defenses.

That's a very good point. Picture Romo getting away from a defender and rolling out to buy a little time... Dumping the ball underneath to Felix in space could be some big plays.

Also, you know how Emmitt used to look to pass block, then set up right up in the middle of the field as a safety valve... We could do the same thing here.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
As has been noted before I'm sure. You don't take a complimentary player above what could be a franchise player. Mendenhall > Jones Even if Jones is a better fit. Mendenhall has a TON more overall value even if Jones can return kicks. With all the return talent we have, I have doubts Jones will have that job especially of this Orlando kid sticks around.

You take a possible franchise CB over a possible franchise RB in the mid to late first round. Running backs are much easier to come by.

You never take a RB in the early first round unless he is a blow (not just your socks) the DOORS off the entire NFL. See Adrian Peterson. (McFadden is NOT that guy, nor was anyone else in the draft)

When the Cowboys pick came up, my thought was:

1. Draft Jenkins
  2. Trade with the Steelers picks plus Spears to move up five spots if possible
  3. Draft Mendenhall
If the Steelers draft Mendenhall there would have been other backs to pick from to be a complimentary back on the table and I'm almost completely possitive Jones would have still been there though I would have taken Chris Johnson head of Jones also.

I probably wouldn't have even selected a RB. I would have been more like to take a receiver since there were less *real* options at reciever.

Shame about Malcolm Kelly's degenerative knee issues. He would have been by far the most dominate receiver coming out. I'm glad someone gave him a chance, I just hate it was the Commanders. Sucks about them getting Devin Thomas too. They went all offense.

I wonder what Santana Moss was thinking? :laugh2: