a play late in the game

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
the cowboys put a bunch of heat on warner and hit him as he passed the ball. the refs said it was a forward pass and incomplete, as opposed to a fumble. now, since it was an incomplete pass, how come it wasn't a penalty on the Cardinals for illegal touching of a forward pass. The pass went right to his OL. I felt it should have been a penalty, but maybe I am wrong.

could someone please clarify this for me.

Billy Bullocks

Reaction score
The linemen were behind the LOS.

Also, no grounding because he was hit as he threw (I think).

I think the fact he got hit as he realeased made where the pass went inadvertant, not intentional.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Billy Bullocks;2336001 said:
The linemen were behind the LOS.

Also, no grounding because he was hit as he threw (I think).

I think the fact he got hit as he realeased made where the pass went inadvertant, not intentional.

I know it wasnt intentional grounding, cause he was in his throwing motion and then got hit. The penalty I was looking for was illegal touching.....cause the OL cannot be the first to touch a forward pass. They can only touch it after an eligible receiver or defensive player has touched it.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
Good question.

Different subject, but isn't a "tuck" just legalized intentional grounding?

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
percyhoward;2336166 said:
Good question.

Different subject, but isn't a "tuck" just legalized intentional grounding?

no cause u are actually fumbling while the arm is going forwards....it is basically loophole for the offense to avoid being called for a fumble.

When it happened, I immediately yelled TUCK RULE....and was so happy when the refs confirmed it.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
Biggems;2336257 said:
no cause u are actually fumbling while the arm is going forwards
Well, it does go down as a pass attempt though.

I say loophole because the QB can just pump fake and let the ball slip out on purpose. If Romo just throws the ball into the ground that's a safety.