A positive about the 2019 Defense

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
We only gave up 30+ twice all year

Scoring wise, our our defense didnt fair too badly at 20.1.

Improvements need to happen. However its not all bad

Kaiser

Reaction score

No, its literally the end of the world.

Actually a healthy LVE, a FA DT and then draft picks at DT and Safety from 2 of our first 3 draft picks and the defense will be fine. It will mostly be about the new coaching scheme, but enjoy getting flamed for stating the obvious!

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
No, its literally the end of the world.

Actually a healthy LVE, a FA DT and then draft picks at DT and Safety from 2 of our first 3 draft picks and the defense will be fine. It will mostly be about the new coaching scheme, but enjoy getting flamed for stating the obvious!
Flamers gonna flame

bewp7

Reaction score
yeah i guess...can’t argue with numbers. but i know watching every snap this season when the team really needed a stop or a takeaway or something this defense folded and failed. tbh i never want to hear bend don’t break ever again.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Im not saying they are a good unit. They are pretty much an 8-8 unit. Pretty uneven

All in all Ive felt the offense was just as responsible for our season than the defense was
I think both were bad at times. A lot of games the offense didn't show up until the game was out of reach and the defense did have a few games that the offense should have won. But overall I think the defense was pretty mediocre as a whole.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We only gave up 30+ twice all year

Scoring wise, our our defense didnt fair too badly at 20.1.

It's fare not fair in that context.

Yes, the defense had some good games and their stats for the season were not terrible.

The issue was situational football...it was the issue with O, D and ST under Garrett.

One game the opponent time of possession per drive was better than average, but one the drive late in the game where they really had to limit the opponent time of possession to get the ball back, the opponent held the ball 3x any other drive...

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I think both were bad at times. A lot of games the offense didn't show up until the game was out of reach and the defense did have a few games that the offense should have won. But overall I think the defense was pretty mediocre as a whole.
Overall I think there was a lot of mediocre to go around. But with mediocre there is always a mix of good with the bad. One of the things we were able to do defensively is keep the score managable

visionary

Reaction score
They should have Tshirts that say that. The back of the shirt would say "This offseason is going to suck".

How about a “Garrett groupie” t-shirt

Can say “Fake Cowboys fan” on the back