A question and an observation

Point-of-the-Star

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Got a question on a play.
The NYG right DE jumped off sides and got a running start at Prescott. Flag was thrown (encroachment). Free play Cowboys. Guyton (who had 7-8 holding penalties) then protected his QB and fell on the giant player essentially protecting the QB ... and got a holding penalty wiping out a big (free) play. Does this sound right to common sense thinking folks? (I'm not one of those types). Should Guyton have allowed the DE to crush Dak? (Please take you Dak hating glasses off before answering the question).

Also, notice how once Al Michaels made comments about the 1st half flag fest by the refereeing crew they were much less part of the game in the 2nd half? Thoughts.

One last thought and this is a personal feeling. It almost feels like we lost the game even though I am thankful for the win.

Still am and always will be a fan but I sho miss the good old days.

GO COWBOYS !

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
If they thought the player had a free rush at the QB they would have blown it dead. Since they didn't do that, the play continues and all rules apply to all players. I do think the calls on Guyton were pretty ticky tak.. I have seen a lot worse treatment of Parsons with no calls at all.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Got a question on a play.
The NYG right DE jumped off sides and got a running start at Prescott. Flag was thrown (encroachment). Free play Cowboys. Guyton (who had 7-8 holding penalties) then protected his QB and fell on the giant player essentially protecting the QB ... and got a holding penalty wiping out a big (free) play. Does this sound right to common sense thinking folks? (I'm not one of those types). Should Guyton have allowed the DE to crush Dak? (Please take you Dak hating glasses off before answering the question).

Also, notice how once Al Michaels made comments about the 1st half flag fest by the refereeing crew they were much less part of the game in the 2nd half? Thoughts.

One last thought and this is a personal feeling. It almost feels like we lost the game even though I am thankful for the win.

Still am and always will be a fan but I sho miss the good old days.

GO COWBOYS !
Ugly wins always feel that way. Every team has ugly wins, not just the Cowboys. Remember this is a young team still trying to figure out it’s identity.

Shane612

Reaction score
I guess you can’t commit a foul even on a “free” play. Which makes sense to me.
Maybe Refs’ arms were tired from throwing the flag so often in the first half.