A question that will be answered over the next 3 weeks

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Is this a poor team, or is this a team performing poorly?

Tonights game should be a layup. This is still a Giants team that is not very good.

Then you have the 3-0 Steelers. A team outplaying expectations, that should still be very beatable

Then you have the Lions. NFCCG participant last season who should be a real challenge.

I think the next three games tell us if this team is the shadow of the last three years that they have appeared to be. Or if they just had a string of bad performances and week 1 wasnt a fluke

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
The problem offensively is the scheme is bland. Watch the past few weeks and you'll see there is no motion on running plays unless it's a handoff to a receiver. Dallas is so predictable. And the inside zone running game is a joke. It's simple dives up the middle which leads to constant 2nd and 9 and 3rd and 7 situations.

On defense there is zero gap integrity and most of the time it looks like everyone is guessing where to go and reacting instead of attacking. This is poor coaching on both sides of the ball.

This team managed to beat the Browns because they had a beat up line and couldn't get anything going on offense. The Cowboys could just as easily be winless right now.

To answer your question, I think the Cowboys have the talent. What they don't have is the scheme or the coaching. They are too simple on offense and too clueless on defense.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The problem offensively is the scheme is bland. Watch the past few weeks and you'll see there is no motion on running plays unless it's a handoff to a receiver. Dallas is so predictable. And the inside zone running game is a joke. It's simple dives up the middle which leads to constant 2nd and 9 and 3rd and 7 situations.

On defense there is zero gap integrity and most of the time it looks like everyone is guessing where to go and reacting instead of attacking. This is poor coaching on both sides of the ball.

This team managed to beat the Browns because they had a beat up line and couldn't get anything going on offense. The Cowboys could just as easily be winless right now.

To answer your question, I think the Cowboys have the talent. What they don't have is the scheme or the coaching. They are too simple on offense and too clueless on defense.
Whats strange is they actually had a well called game offensively VS Cleveland

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Whats strange is they actually had a well called game offensively VS Cleveland
Reminds me of last year when this offense was basically dormant until after the bye. The difference was they were 3-2 then. Maybe they can beat the Giants and Steelers and get on a roll, maybe not.

HabsCowboysOwn

Reaction score
This roster is simply not very good, it’s pretty obvious they’re worse than last year. Teams like the Giants won’t be a walk in the park anymore, expecting a close game tonight.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Is this a poor team, or is this a team performing poorly?

Tonights game should be a layup. This is still a Giants team that is not very good.

Then you have the 3-0 Steelers. A team outplaying expectations, that should still be very beatable

Then you have the Lions. NFCCG participant last season who should be a real challenge.

I think the next three games tell us if this team is the shadow of the last three years that they have appeared to be. Or if they just had a string of bad performances and week 1 wasnt a fluke
As it stands now, the team is so bad defensively, it can lose to any team that sticks to a proven script.

I'm not absolving the offense as they need to play better as well.