CFZ A random few post game thoughts

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
-Lamb was absolutely unstoppable. Triple digit catch season last year, and he still looks improved.

-I think we really missed Cooks today. Tolbert looked game ready, but Gallup was taken out of the game. With the threat of Cooks, alot will open up in the passing game

-Mazi looked good in what I saw of him. Probably played fewer snaps because the Jets didnt run much. I was impressed with his ability to move down the line on stretch plays. Its rare for 325 lbs + DT to be effective VS stretch runs

- I thought Bass was pretty solid. He had that one bad whiff against against Williams, but that can easily happen against an All Pro DT. Ideally you dont want him out there right now, but its like he could have a future here.

- Dowdle and Vaughn looked good. Vaughn had a rough start and I ripped him hard in the game thread ( I do stand by looks like Tyrion Lannister in chain mail because he does)

- There were a couple hiccups from the secondary, but that long TD was all they really gave up. I do hope they really go over the film because Garrett Wilson would have had a huge day if Zach Wilson wasn't so awful.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
-Lamb was absolutely unstoppable. Triple digit catch season last year, and he still looks improved.

-I think we really missed Cooks today. Tolbert looked game ready, but Gallup was taken out of the game. With the threat of Cooks, alot will open up in the passing game

-Mazi looked good in what I saw of him. Probably played fewer snaps because the Jets didnt run much. I was impressed with his ability to move down the line on stretch plays. Its rare for 325 lbs + DT to be effective VS stretch runs

- I thought Bass was pretty solid. He had that one bad whiff against against Williams, but that can easily happen against an All Pro DT. Ideally you dont want him out there right now, but its like he could have a future here.

- Dowdle and Vaughn looked good. Vaughn had a rough start and I ripped him hard in the game thread ( I do stand by looks like Tyrion Lannister in chain mail because he does)

- There were a couple hiccups from the secondary, but that long TD was all they really gave up. I do hope they really go over the film because Garrett Wilson would have had a huge day if Zach Wilson wasn't so awful.
Like just for the Deuce Vaughn as Tyrion Lannister comment. :laugh:

Whenever I see him in practice next to the other players, I keep it’s thinking it’s “Take your son to work” day.

Glad he finally got the rookie shakes out and had some good runs. And enjoy listening to the crowd homer on his name. We have a chance to have a triple running threat game this year — with Pollard, Rico and Deuuuuuce — if the offensive line can stay healthy. That’s a big IF so far.

Kingofholland

Reaction score

Good points, overall hard to complain winning 30-10 against a good defense. Likely if Rodgers is there this game is closer, but think the Cowboys come out on top still.

Pretty remarkable to see the offense still move the ball with 2 backup linemen. Just need to cash in some more opportunities with tds, but thats the difference with strong defenses.

Starting to wonder about Gallup's future.. 1 catch for 3 yards when needed as the number 2.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Good points, overall hard to complain winning 30-10 against a good defense. Likely if Rodgers is there this game is closer, but think the Cowboys come out on top still.

Pretty remarkable to see the offense still move the ball with 2 backup linemen. Just need to cash in some more opportunities with tds, but thats the difference with strong defenses.

Starting to wonder about Gallup's future.. 1 catch for 3 yards when needed as the number 2.
I knew it was over when he did that interview about how happy he was to no longer have to be a #2. This team only needs dawgs.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score

Gallup is concerning

Kingofholland

Reaction score
I knew it was over when he did that interview about how happy he was to no longer have to be a #2. This team only needs dawgs.
Hopefully he comes on at some point to show his worth but the early trajectory makes him look like an after thought in the offense.

LysleE

Reaction score
Offense has to finish drives better; Dallas kicked 5 FGs against the Jets; this won’t cut it against better teams with better offenses; Jets offense neutered without Rodgers at QB.

Scottishcowboy

Reaction score
Offense has to finish drives better; Dallas kicked 5 FGs against the Jets; this won’t cut it against better teams with better offenses; Jets offense neutered without Rodgers at QB.
We played conservatively knowing the Jets were not getting points on the board.

If needed, we'd have "forced" a couple of those red zone visits and maybe had a TD or 2 if we needed to......but we didn't.

Mike played 70s football of racking up lots of small wins rather than the video game scoring we've started to take as the norm.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
Gallup is concerning
Has anyone looked at the all 22 to see if it was him or was it just the decision to go somewhere else with the ball. there were not that many downfield throws, lots of quick hit throws, so one read basically. I am not overly concerned with Gallup right now, the first game played in a down pour and the 2nd game was gameplanned for CD to have a big day it seemed. I also think it was some of not wanting to throw at Sauce to often. I think we only threw his way 4 times in the game and one of those should have been a pick 6.

quickccc

Reaction score
Nah, think ...

4ece856f828c35277b758c3f7068b55e.jpg

kskboys

Reaction score
Jets D was 4th in pts allowed last season. They force a lot of teams to kick FGs.

T-RO

Reaction score
There were a couple hiccups from the secondary, but that long TD was all they really gave up. I do hope they really go over the film because Garrett Wilson would have had a huge day if Zach Wilson wasn't so awful.
On that Hooker interception Diggs was burnt by 3 or 4 yards. That's a Walk-in TD if Malik hadn't got there in time, which he prolly wouldn't have had Zach Wilson not stared him down so long.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Since 2018, 11 playoff games have been won by teams kicking 4 or more FGs and 2 or less TDs. Including 2021 SB champ Tampa Bay in the NFC championship game, and 2021 AFC champ Cincy in the AFC championship game win vs KC. The niners beat us last year with 4 FGs and 1 TD.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Has anyone looked at the all 22 to see if it was him or was it just the decision to go somewhere else with the ball. there were not that many downfield throws, lots of quick hit throws, so one read basically. I am not overly concerned with Gallup right now, the first game played in a down pour and the 2nd game was gameplanned for CD to have a big day it seemed. I also think it was some of not wanting to throw at Sauce to often. I think we only threw his way 4 times in the game and one of those should have been a pick 6.
Time will tell...