A rating of drafts

burmafrd

Reaction score
The Pats did not get the universal love some have been claiming they have gotten. Outside of those like Prisco who can never find anything wrong that BB and company have done. I wonder if part of the upside for the raiders was getting rid of Moss?

mmillman

Reaction score
joseephuss;1485409 said:
I agree with the masses on Seattle, Miami and Tennessee.

depends on how you look at it. For Seattle do you throw Branch in because that is where their number 1 went?

For Dallas do you take into consideration that they got a pick next year like New England did?

None of it matters as you can't judge a draft for a couple of years.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
mmillman;1485429 said:
depends on how you look at it. For Seattle do you throw Branch in because that is where their number 1 went?

For Dallas do you take into consideration that they got a pick next year like New England did?

None of it matters as you can't judge a draft for a couple of years.

I agree with all you say. You can say that a draft is good or bad based on the best information available right now but these guys change too much between the ages they are now and say 25/26. Too many variables to evaluate at this point.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Nothin against the original poster or anyone else who posts stuff about draft grades cause they are fun to look at but its so dumb to grade someones draft.

You need at least 2 years to have an idea and 3 to get a true evaluation.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
In some dark corner of the US a certain unnamed Commander megalomaniac is furiously writing letters to all of those guys that gave the skins such a bad draft grade.

He is also sending them a poll question and threatening to ban them form the intertubes.

:p:

Boom

Just Dez It
Reaction score
CATCH17;1485481 said:
Nothin against the original poster or anyone else who posts stuff about draft grades cause they are fun to look at but its so dumb to grade someones draft.

You need at least 2 years to have an idea and 3 to get a true evaluation.

While I agree with you, I wonder if there is ever a good time to post evaluations on drafted players. It seems if they are directly after the draft, the replies are "It's too soon". If someone posts 3 years after the draft about how a player didn't pan out, I've seen tons of "Let it go!" or "Get over it!". replies.

burmafrd

Reaction score
You usually have a pretty good idea after the first season. By the end of the second season, you should KNOW.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;1485483 said:
In some dark corner of the US a certain unnamed Commander megalomaniac is furiously writing letters to all of those guys that gave the skins such a bad draft grade.

He is also sending them a poll question and threatening to ban them form the intertubes.

:p:
I hope he includes the video. BTW, you didn't have to call Gibbs a megalomaniac. How rude.;)

Pats Fan

Benched
Reaction score
Right on folks, until the game is played no one knows who had the best draft.

But on paper, Cleveland. No question, no doubt. The winner. Thomas, Quinn -- great job guys. Me, I would love to see Thomas on our team, but when you get low draft picks, you get what you get.

Now last year, the Texans took the honor of the worst draft. To me, this year, I award Miami. Brady Quinn, do you need a QB??? I simply do not understand it. Good for us, but still dumb.

The only reason it might be OK, well Quinn got to go to the team he rooted for as a kid. I like that, plus the Browns. The other factor is the heat. You have no idea how hot it is in Florida during September, and a large part of Florida. Notre Dame, cold weather town. Cleveland, cold weather town. Quinn, give me the cold weather. Great football weather. How would Quinn do in that heat?

And just as a side note, I think every SB should be played inside a dome. That rain last year took away from the game. OK, weather a factor during the playoffs, OK home field advantage, but during the SB -- level playing field.

As far as us (the Pats), I'm feeling pretty good right now. I still don't know why we keep picking up Florida players (can they play in the cold???). And for some strange reason, I love picking up LSU players. I know, no logic.

Ah football, it will not be long.

Your test, is Romo a one year bust, or your QB? Darn if I know. Seen both sides. Who knows.

Our test, with all the new players, how is the chemisty?? Don't know.

New arrivals. 49'niners, maybe. Titans, maybe. Bengals with Palmer back, maybe. I just don't know.

You guys did OK, picked up a first next year with more talent available. Good move. I don't know how Cleveland will do. .500 maybe, most likely. Hard to tell. Nobody knows.

That's why the games are played.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Pats Fan;1485578 said:
As far as us (the Pats), I'm feeling pretty good right now. I still don't know why we keep picking up Florida players (can they play in the cold???). And for some strange reason, I love picking up LSU players. I know, no logic.

Ah football, it will not be long.

Your test, is Romo a one year bust, or your QB? Darn if I know. Seen both sides. Who knows.

Our test, with all the new players, how is the chemisty?? Don't know.

New arrivals. 49'niners, maybe. Titans, maybe. Bengals with Palmer back, maybe. I just don't know.

You guys did OK, picked up a first next year with more talent available. Good move. I don't know how Cleveland will do. .500 maybe, most likely. Hard to tell. Nobody knows.

That's why the games are played.

Were you shocked that the Pats did not draft a TE? :D

Pats Fan

Benched
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;1485612 said:
Were you shocked that the Pats did not draft a TE? :D

Not really, first time in a long time we went after needs. Harrison has been injured so much over the last few years, a safety was the absolute need -- of course other than WR's.

Not to take away from Harrison. I will not do that. The guy is outstanding. Is an outstanding player. But, you know, in football when you get a little older -- well, we all know, your time is up.

One thing BB is doing though that I really like is saying, hey Brown, you have a spot. Showing respect for a 36 year old guy. Brown to me can play in a wheelchair, OK by me. Keep going guy. You earned it.

But I know your point, TE's, draft after draft. What the heck. What do I know??

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Pats Fan;1485625 said:
Not really, first time in a long time we went after needs. Harrison has been injured so much over the last few years, a safety was the absolute need -- of course other than WR's.

Not to take away from Harrison. I will not do that. The guy is outstanding. Is an outstanding player. But, you know, in football when you get a little older -- well, we all know, your time is up.

One thing BB is doing though that I really like is saying, hey Brown, you have a spot. Showing respect for a 36 year old guy. Brown to me can play in a wheelchair, OK by me. Keep going guy. You earned it.

But I know your point, TE's, draft after draft. What the heck. What do I know??

I am a Cowboy fan but I love Troy...why...because he played at little Marshall before anyone, outside of WV, every heard of Marshall. Well before Randy and Chad and Lefty played there.

I wonder if Moss and Brown will talk about Marshall...maybe a little bit of Troy's class will rub off on Randy.

ZeroClub

just trying to get better
Reaction score
I don't have a problem with the Dolphins passing on Quinn in favor of Beck later. Some think Beck is outright better than Quinn, others think there is little difference between the two and Beck is a better value (because he came later and cheaper).

The main problem, IMO, is taking Ginn so early. If it was that they tried to trade back a few slots and just couldn't get a deal done, I'd be willing to cut them some slack for their timing.

Pats Fan

Benched
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;1485636 said:
I am a Cowboy fan but I love Troy...why...because he played at little Marshall before anyone, outside of WV, every heard of Marshall. Well before Randy and Chad and Lefty played there.

I wonder if Moss and Brown will talk about Marshall...maybe a little bit of Troy's class will rub off on Randy.

Well maybe. I hope so. I think Moss will be OK though.

But I thank you. There are some guys in the NFL that you just love. I don't care who Brown played for (lucky it was us), I just respect him and appreciate that the FO of the Pats will let him play until he has decided OK, time to go.

He will be very much missed by me. He is outstanding. The shining example of what it is to be a team player. We need more of them.

AtlCB

Reaction score
TSN gave Miami an A+? :confused:

Are we sure they are evaluating the 2007 draft? :eek: