A Romo question

CalCBFan

Reaction score
It seems to me that as of late, Tony is not making his reads like he did in his first 4-6 games. Seems like you could just see him move his head to survey one part of the field to another. Now it seems to me that he is looking in just one, or maybe two spots. Could that banged up secondary have done that well? It just doesn't seen possible. Can some of you film analysts help out here?...

DIAF

DivaLover159
Reaction score
CalCBFan;1296263 said:
It seems to me that as of late, Tony is not making his reads like he did in his first 4-6 games. Seems like you could just see him move his head to survey one part of the field to another. Now it seems to me that he is looking in just one, or maybe two spots. Could that banged up secondary have done that well? It just doesn't seen possible. Can some of you film analysts help out here?...

A lot of it I think has to do with the Quality of the opposing D that we were facing during Romo's hot streak. As soon as the games got tougher, Romo folded like a tent in a hurricane.

CaptainQuint

Reaction score
CalCBFan;1296263 said:

That's the trouble with watching this sport on TV...1/2 of the game, receivers matched on defenders, is not shown.

I think that banged up secondary did play OK. Kelly Jennings is a player, and Babineaux isn't bad.

To me, Romo was searching for targets very well, except on his fumble(recovered by Julius). On that play, he looked, looked, didn't see anything good, and then held on too long, when he should launched the ball into the bench area.