A tribute to HOF WR Mr. Bob Hayes

adamknite

Reaction score
Awesome vid.

And It's still absurd that he didn't get into the Hall of Fame, until now.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
adamknite;2866752 said:
Awesome vid.

I agree. Hayes is why we see the zone coverage because no one could stay with him one on one.

bigE79

Reaction score
adamknite;2866752 said:
Awesome vid.

I could'nt agree more...the HOF is a joke,:bang2:imho...go Cowboys:star:

adamknite

Reaction score
Doomsday101;2866759 said:
I agree. Hayes is why we see the zone coverage because no one could stay with him one on one.

What I don't get is, whenever you listen to people ("experts") talk about who should be in a certain sport's Hall or talk about who was the "greatest ever" at a position, you'll constantly hear talk about how said player "changed the game" or "redefined the position" things of that nature. Well here is a player who really did force teams to change what they were on defense in hopes of containing him, and yet he was kept out of the NFL hall of fame for so long?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
adamknite;2866789 said:
What I don't get is, whenever you listen to people ("experts") talk about who should be in a certain sport's Hall or talk about who was the "greatest ever" at a position, you'll constantly hear talk about how said player "changed the game" or "redefined the position" things of that nature. Well here is a player who really did force teams to change what they were on defense in hopes of containing him, and yet he was kept out of the NFL hall of fame for so long?

I think Hayes troubles played a big part. I don't agree that should have kept him out because others with off the field problems have gone in such as LT. I would say LT deserves the Hall and changed the position of OLB. Hayes to changed the game