Aaron Brooks: Dumbest QB in the NFL?

wsmith_1972

Reaction score
They guy keeps making the dumbest plays I've ever seen a QB make.

He will scamble 30 yards back to try to make a play and risk a 30 yard lost.

Kittymama

Benched
Reaction score
wsmith_1972 said:

Ok, I'll log back on for this. I'm not normally a fan of Brooks.

HOWEVER, I don't think ANY of us are in a position to judge that team at all. Did anyone read Clayton's piece on the Saints? It's very sobering. They are literally worse off than an expansion team--because noone knows where they will be playing for the next couple of years. No FAs will go there due to that. The whole team is away from their families for the duration. They have no fan base because their fan base is completely scattered--& occupied with other things (not one Saint has received a vote for the Pro Bowl, despite some deserving players, because their fan base literally can't vote for them).

But most importantly, until any of us have lived thru what that team has lived thru--watching their homes, neighborhoods, workplace, friends' homes, relatives' homes, etc., be utterly destroyed, knowing the bad things that happened in the Dome, having to be away from their families & friends while they try to rebuild their lives--we have no right to judge any of them. Did anyone really expect they'd play well this season?

Tags has really dropped the ball this whole season as far as this team is concerned. He should have given them a home from the beginning in either San Antonio or Baton Rouge & stuck with it. Not to mention, NOT doing the stupid flirtations with LA about moving the team. Everyone knows the team is going to move, but it would have been nice if he'd shown a bit more sensitivity.

wsmith_1972

Reaction score
None of that has anything to do with the fact that Brooks is the dumbest QB in the NFL....

He just makes stupid plays...this year, last year, every year.

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
wsmith_1972 said:
None of that has anything to do with the fact that Brooks is the dumbest QB in the NFL....

I agree.

And the Saints have sucked for a long time before Katrina.

jimmy40

Reaction score
wsmith_1972 said:

Isn't he way up on the list of lowest interception % or most passes without an interception or something?

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
jimmy40 said:
Isn't he way up on the list of lowest interception % or most passes without an interception or something?
Yea,
because his passes are never anywhere near the receiver.

:D

NorthTexan95

Reaction score
wsmith_1972 said:

As long as Gus Frerotte is in the league, the title of "Dumbest QB" is his.

jimmy40

Reaction score
wsmith_1972 said:

Doesn't look too dumb right now.

jamez25

Reaction score
the Saints and Brooks sucked wayyyyyyyy before Katrina and will continue sucking now....

MrMom

Reaction score
wsmith_1972 said:

Hey, I can think of 2 teams with dumber quarterbacks: Detriot and Baltimore. I can keep going if you want me to ... :)

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
Yeah, he makes dumb decisions, but kid has got skillz. If only he could get that head right. He's one of thoes QBs I watch play and find myself envious of his raw physical talent.

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
Um maybe no one has looked it up yet but Brooks ended the game with 17 of 23 for 181 yards, 3 TDs, 0 INTs, and a 136.1 QB rating. I wish our QB would be that "dumb" every week.

Brooks looks to make a play when there isn't one. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I watched him break away from a sure sack and complete a pass near the first down marker. It was a great play and one most QBs couldn't make.

You could say that Bledsoe was dumber than a bag of hammers when he threw that 1st pick against the Broncos. It was a bad pass on a bad read and cost us the game by giving them an easy score right off the bat and we played catchup the rest of the way.

Brooks may not be the sharpest tool in the drawer but he is a pretty good QB.

jay cee

Reaction score
THUMPER said:
Um maybe no one has looked it up yet but Brooks ended the game with 17 of 23 for 181 yards, 3 TDs, 0 INTs, and a 136.1 QB rating. I wish our QB would be that "dumb" every week.

Brooks looks to make a play when there isn't one. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I watched him break away from a sure sack and complete a pass near the first down marker. It was a great play and one most QBs couldn't make.

You could say that Bledsoe was dumber than a bag of hammers when he threw that 1st pick against the Broncos. It was a bad pass on a bad read and cost us the game by giving them an easy score right off the bat and we played catchup the rest of the way.

Brooks may not be the sharpest tool in the drawer but he is a pretty good QB.
Good points Thumper. I have not seen him a lot, but Brooks does have a reputation for making bad plays from time to time.

Just going by his statistics, I don't think he makes that many more poor plays than other QB's. IMO, his reputation for being dumb comes from the report that i read once that he had a very poor score on his Wonderlic.

I'll bet he is not nearly as bad as these guys make him out to be.